    site etc.

    Keeps dropping most of the sites even when they are fully loaded..

    In most cases I am loading say 6 sites in a row, to day it dropped 4 sites.

    Mary Hanna, Nov 19, 2009

  2. Mary Hanna

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    Why don't you use a different browser then? It's not as though there's not
    plenty of choice.

    Firefox?
    Chrome?
    Opera?
    Safari?

    Nik Coughlin, Nov 19, 2009

  3. clean out your IE suboptimal addons that you may have installed
    Manage Addons from inside browser, or just disable all of them to see
    if the problem repros

    Start Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) or iexplore.exe -extoff

    Nathan Mercer, Nov 19, 2009
  4. Mary Hanna

    Mary Hanna Guest

    Yes but they just can't handle my Large Favorites file, Plus the weeks it will
    take to sort it out, The problem is the Tabs in IE8 are implemented better
    than Firefox

    Mary Hanna, Nov 19, 2009
  5. Mary Hanna

    Mary Hanna Guest

    I don't use Addons.

    Mary Hanna, Nov 19, 2009
  6. Mary Hanna

    Mary Hanna Guest

    Been like that from Day one but its now 60% worse.

    Its OK if I wait 5 mins for every new tab..

    Mary Hanna, Nov 19, 2009
  7. great, but did you try running IE with no extensions on, and see if
    you have the same problem?

    Nathan Mercer, Nov 19, 2009
  8. How large, is a Large Favorites file?
    IE doesn't even use a favourites file, but files .URL/directories on
    the file system

    How many do you have? I have thousands and no problems here with IE8

    Does the problem reproduce if you temporarily move your favourites, so
    that IE thinks you have none?

    Thanks
    nathan

    Nathan Mercer, Nov 19, 2009
  9. Mary Hanna

    Donchano Guest

    Could the solution be something obivous ... like clearing your IE
    cache and temp files?

    Donchano, Nov 19, 2009
  10. Mary Hanna

    Gordon Guest

    Crank up Crap Cleaner (ccleaner) if you wish to go this route

    Gordon, Nov 19, 2009
  11. Mary Hanna

    Matty F Guest

    Do what I've done - make a homepage with all of your Favorites in it.
    Everything is on one page - up to 500 links or more if you want.
    It's just a text file which you can use for all your browsers and copy
    to all your machines and all your friend's machines.
    The links never get lost when you upgrade your browser.

    Matty F, Nov 19, 2009
  12. In message
    Sad, isn’t it, when you use an OS that doesn’t preserve a clear separation
    between system and user data? I’ve been through several different upgrades
    of Firefox versions, and even Linux OS versions, yet my bookmarks have
    remained intact throughout.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 19, 2009
  13. Mary Hanna

    Mary Hanna Guest

    Are you referring to add-ons, ? and how do disable extensions as I don't
    see any.

    Add-ons are disabled in Options Advance.

    Mary Hanna, Nov 19, 2009
  14. Mary Hanna

    Mary Hanna Guest

    Its not IE that is the Problem is Moving the Favorites to Firefox, I prefer
    the way IE8 handles Add-ons

    The IE8 menu Item States Favorites..?

    Mary Hanna, Nov 19, 2009
  15. Mary Hanna

    Mary Hanna Guest

    Don't know as I do clear the Temp files often.

    Mary Hanna, Nov 19, 2009
  16. Mary Hanna

    Donchano Guest

    What about the IE cache?

    Donchano, Nov 19, 2009
  17. Mary Hanna

    Enkidu Guest

    That's what probably got him in the mess in the first place.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Nov 19, 2009
  18. Mary Hanna

    Matty F Guest

    Perhaps it's not the fault of the OS. I have five different browsers
    on three machines, one Linux. My homepage is identical for all of
    them. It's just a Notepad file and can be read or changed easily and
    emailed.
    The bookmarks are always in the same place and the omes I use the most
    have a larger font. They could be coloured if I want.

    Matty F, Nov 19, 2009
  19. Mary Hanna

    Carnations Guest

    LOL - try removing all your dead links or the links to sites that you haven't revisited in over 2 years.

    And besides, Internet Explorer does not have a "favorites file" - it has a directory (that's "folder" for
    those who only speak microsoft) that contains lots of very small files that waste disc space.

    Firefox uses a structured HTML page.

    How? Have you been privy to reading the source code of both the Internet Explorer application of
    Microsoft Windows and the Firefox program?

    Carnations, Nov 19, 2009
  20. Mary Hanna

    Carnations Guest

    The solution in this case generally is: format the HDD and reinstall Microsoft Windows in order to get
    rid of your malware!

    Carnations, Nov 19, 2009