IE8 crashes when trying to view security certificates

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Skybuck Flying, Nov 13, 2009.

  1. Skybuck Flying, Nov 13, 2009

  2. Has to be something with your system. It's fine on my system in both
    IE8 and Firefox.

    And, yes, I did page->properties without any crash!

    Bobby Johnson, Nov 13, 2009

  3. Skybuck Flying

    Bruce Hagen Guest

    No need to include Outlook Express in your crosspost. Include IE General
    instead.

    Internet Explorer General Newsgroup.

    Bruce Hagen, Nov 13, 2009
  4. Some people think the shotgun effect is more impressive that a single
    well aimed shot.

    Bobby Johnson, Nov 13, 2009
  5. Skybuck Flying

    Bruce Hagen Guest

    But your issue has nothing to do with Outlook Express. Hunting out of
    season?

    Bruce Hagen, Nov 13, 2009
  6. It's not my issue. Skybuck Flying started the thread.

    Bobby Johnson, Nov 13, 2009
  7. Skybuck Flying

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Skybuck Flying:
    If you aren't working with a clean installation of XP x64 since the
    last series of errors, that may be the cause for your current problems.
    Unfortunately I don't have a system with XP x64 running to properly test for
    your problem but in either of my Win-7 x64 systems there are no problems
    opening the security certificates. Have a great day.

    --
    Dennis Pack
    Win-7 Enterprise x64, Win-7 Professional x64.

    __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4605 (20091113) __________

    http://www.eset.com

    Dennis Pack, Nov 13, 2009
  8. [Excessive crossposting removed]

    Is the most recent Root Certificates update installed?

    PA Bear [MS MVP], Nov 13, 2009
  9. Skybuck Flying

    Kue2 Guest

    I have WinXP 64 running here, do not have trouble viewing security
    certificates here.

    Kue2, Nov 15, 2009
  10. Skybuck Flying

    Kue2 Guest

    Skybuck Flying

    That site you have listed does crash IE 8 in both Vista Home 64
    and also in WINXP 64 if you try to view the security certificate.
    Must be that site, as other sites I visit do not exhibit this behavior.

    Kue2, Nov 15, 2009