    Anyone any thoughts?

    Regards

    Si67

    Si9\, Dec 2, 2008

  2. Si9\

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About This Date In History Si9" Stumbled Over To The Keyboard
    And Pecked Out The Following::
    > Hi
    >
    > My father installed IE8 beta without knowing what a BETA is.
    >
    > Ive got him back to IE7 but now when he adds a favourite he gets message
    >
    > ''error: "Unable to add [Favorite Page Name] unspecified error".
    >
    > ''class not registered''
    >
    > Anyone any thoughts?
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Si67

    If reinstalling IE8 will solve the problem, then do so. I have been
    using IE8 since it's release and have had no problems what so ever.
    IE8 seems to be very stable. Good Luck

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere

    Old Gringo, Dec 2, 2008

  3. Si9\

    chuckcar Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in

    > "Si9"" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > My father installed IE8 beta without knowing what a BETA is.
    >
    > Ive got him back to IE7 but now when he adds a favourite he gets message
    >
    > ''error: "Unable to add [Favorite Page Name] unspecified error".
    >
    > ''class not registered''
    >
    > Anyone any thoughts?

    Do a repair of IE7 from add/remove programs. Also check what third party
    addons he's put in for IE. Remove them of course.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Dec 3, 2008