IE7 Stopped Showing Parts Of Pages

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by jeff_wisnia, Nov 18, 2010.

  1. jeff_wisnia

    jeff_wisnia Guest

    The IE7 on my WinXP machine suddenly stopped showing some parts of web
    pages it previously showed OK. They are now just rectangular outlines
    with that little red "x" symbol in them I've long associated with
    unfindable image files.

    Here's a screenshot of what I mean:

    http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/temp/screen.jpg

    The URL for that page is:

    http://www.garfield.com/comics/todayscomic.html

    And it displays fine on the ancient Netscape 7.2 I still have in my
    computer.

    I'm somewhat sure this began happening after I agreed to an update of
    Adobe Shockwave, but perhaps I'm wrong about that.

    What do I need to do to get IE7 back to normal?

    Thanks guys,

    Jeff

    jeff_wisnia, Nov 18, 2010

  2. jeff_wisnia

    jeff_wisnia Guest

    After I thought I remembered it may have happened after a Shockwave
    Flash update I looked in "Tools/Manage Add-ons" and saw that "Shockwave
    Flash Object" showed up as "disabled". I changed that to "enabled" and
    alls well again.

    Jeff

    jeff_wisnia, Nov 18, 2010

  3. jeff_wisnia

    richard Guest

    Definitely a problem with flash as that is what is being used to display
    the images. Try reinstalling flash again.

    richard, Nov 18, 2010
  4. jeff_wisnia

    Meat Plow Guest

    Try running the update again. If you can't or it doesn't fix it use
    System Restore and chose a restore point just before you ran the flash
    update.

    Meat Plow, Nov 18, 2010
  5. jeff_wisnia

    Hot-Text Guest

    is it just that Site or all the WEB?
    if it just the one site, Call or E-mail the Webmaster and tell hem the
    problem!

    Hot-Text, Nov 19, 2010

  6. garfield rocks

    Zu Arsschlaark!, Nov 19, 2010