    a link in an email and it opens a new instance of IE instead of a new tab.
    Is there a way to make it open a new tab instead?
    Thanks

    Robin, Feb 18, 2007

  2. Robin

    PeeCee Guest

    Tools
    Internet Options
    General Tab
    Tabs section, click 'Settings'
    Make your choice
    OK, OK your way back out.

    Paul.

    PeeCee, Feb 18, 2007

  3. Robin

    Bryan Guest

    right click on a link and choose "open in new tab" works as well..

    Bryan, Feb 18, 2007
  4. Robin

    Robin Guest

    I tried that. There is no option for that for a link in an email. Just
    copy shortcut, save target as, select all, and save to favorites.

    Robin, Feb 18, 2007
  5. That's in Internet Options | General tab | Tabs area |
    Settings button | Down at the bottom, in the tabs area...

    If you're on a website with this IE window open, just playing a game,
    and you click on a hyperlink in an incoming eMail window,
    because you also have an e-Mail client open, or have opened
    a message using an e-Mail client...

    And now you want your e-Mail client configured to open up selected
    and clicked hyperlinks within these e-Mail messages in a new tab
    within an IE7 Window that's already open and focused on playing
    your game?

    *_Curses_*! Someone finally came up with a deal-breaker flaw in IE7!
    <shakes fist> Bill Gates, you ole' meanie person! <hyperventilates>

    Call me "stumped but curious".

    You *could* right-click on the e-Mail hyperlink, <Copy shortcut>,
    click the blank or right-most tab in IE7, <Ctrl+V> or otherwise
    paste the shortcut into the address window, which will turn the
    "refresh" button into a "go" button, and punch the "Go" button.

    I don't mind the whole "tabs" thing. It's kind of cute, and doesn't
    take a lot of getting used-to; but, it's always seemed a little bit
    redundant to the taskbar buttons - to me.

    Maybe the new Firefox knows new tricks... I'll bet they're looking
    forward to having you join the forums and pundit this idea. There
    may be lots of folks in your predicament hungering for a solution -
    perhaps a software designer who will rip your idea and incorporate
    it into a penquin's DNA or one of those freebie distros?

    --

    Happy Chinese Lunar New Year!

    Kung hei fat choy! Chinese New Year is on 18th February 2007.
    It is the Year of the Pig (or Boar).

    This year new is particularly special as it is
    The Year of the Golden Pig, when a Pig year combines
    with a Fire element year - this happens every 60 years
    and heralds an extremely lucky and prosperous year.
    The Chinese believe a child born this year
    will be blessed with a carefree, wealthy and loving life!

    Bucky Breeder, Feb 18, 2007
  6. Robin

    Robin Guest

    Umm, haha?

    Thanks for the help anyway. (I think) :) Have a nice, warm Sunday..

    Robin, Feb 18, 2007