IE7 (BETA) - Total Suckage!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Sens Fan Happy In Ohio, Oct 20, 2005.

  1. Okay after several days of testing it on several different sites I've come
    to the conclusion that unless Microshaft gets their collective heads out of
    their a$$es ... this thing is so buggy and lame that I'll never use it until
    FORCED by some dumb-$hit website that just insists on the latest version of
    IE. Over several days I've tried to open new browser tabs only to have the
    whole thing close down. Other times when I try to close it, the damn thing
    sits and spins for 30 seconds or longer "trying" to close down. And I've
    had several occasions where it's locked up so badly that I've sent
    Microshaft an error report, which I rarely ever do usually.

    So ... how do you get rid of this piece of crap? How can I go back to IE6
    since it's obvious I'm forced to have an IE on my system for certain
    websites and certain functions. I looked in the Add/Remove Programs area
    and found nothing. And the only thing I saw relating to IE was in the
    Windows Components area of Add/Remove Programs ... but it appeared to gut IE
    altogether.

    Or am I stuck with this inferior piece of shit until they post new betas
    and/or a gold version that's "bug free" ... ~dripping with sarcasm on that
    last remark~

    --
    Kyle :eek:)

    $1-million US dollars to sensfan_luvslisa (at) yahoo (dot) ca. Change the
    reply. Money gets faster attention :)

    Sens Fan Happy In Ohio, Oct 20, 2005

  2. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Hello - it *IS* beta. Why did you ever put that on any computer you care
    about?

    Toolman Tim, Oct 20, 2005

  3. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    pcbutts1 Guest

    pcbutts1, Oct 20, 2005
  4. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    Zorro Guest

    When a new version is installed WINDOWS saves at least
    part of the old version. If you google IE6.0 I'm sure that you
    would find a download. I guess that we all could go back to
    3.11. It worked fairly well for me. Cheers!!!

    Zorro, Oct 20, 2005
  5. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    bere Guest

    His brain is still an alpha version; that's why!

    bere, Oct 20, 2005
  6. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Who are you helping here? You're not helping --- I think not you're
    whinning about beta. <g>

    Duane Arnold, Oct 20, 2005
  7. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    elaich Guest

    He seems to be describing software that is labeled as beta but really is
    still alpha. Beta software is supposed to be ready for public testing.

    elaich, Oct 20, 2005
  8. In Toolman Tim
    <> first attempted to communicate with
    pen, but the writing was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain
    washed it away, and then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans
    exploded, so placed fingers to keyboard for this:
    The PC is one no one uses at work so I don't "care" about it ... but the
    people that use it occasionally would like it back to IE6.

    Sens Fan Happy In Ohio, Oct 21, 2005
  9. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    ME Guest

    PCBUTTS1 is a homo