    An in-place update from CD was the only solution to get IE6 back (MSI
    services also were not able to start).

    (ps: this is not a support request, I just mention it).

    Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\), May 6, 2006

  2. Egbert:

    I'm running the x64 version if IE7B2 without problems. I removed
    KB904942 and turned off "send and receive messages at startup" to cure a
    known issue.

    Dennis Pack x64, IE7B2, May 6, 2006

  3. ah, in my case, I could just open the registry or start an executable like
    word, but anything related to management was off.

    Is the 'send and receive messages' curing that problem? I got a message,
    directly after the 'starting windows' modified to graph mode and the message
    said: "one or more services could not start". To be more exact, about 15
    services could not start. I was not able to find the real cullprit since the
    eventlog was not readable as well.

    I suspect this is related to IE7 B2 because the richedit control & HTML
    caused a process freeze.

    Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\), May 6, 2006
  4. Egbert:

    You may have a corrupt installation. Uninstall IE7B2, reboot
    twice, turn off AV before reinstalling. Another possibility is a conflict
    with an IE add-on because they are transferred over from IE6. Disable all
    add-ons, note response. If the response is normal, enable add-ons one at a
    time to find the conflicting add-on, also if any add-on is listed twice
    leave one disabled.

    Dennis Pack x64, IE7B2, May 6, 2006
  5. Sure, it might be, but that's a bug. I just want to warn people not to
    install it. Of course, it was not a production system :) happy me, I've
    learnt not to spoil working systems like this.
    You are funny, uninstall also uses MSI, which cannot run as well.

    I never run AV, have never been affacted as well. :)

    Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\), May 6, 2006