    Anyone got any ideas, please?

    Thanks

    Paul

    cpcp, Aug 26, 2005

  2. cpcp

    WormWood Guest

    In IE: Tools / Internet Options / Security tab, click on Internet zone
    in window then adjust the slider up about 2/3 of the way toward Medium.
    HTH

    WormWood, Aug 26, 2005

  3. cpcp

    cpcp Guest

    Hi HTH

    Thanks for the reply ... I have tried changing the security settings in
    various ways, including resettting the general internet zone security.

    The curious thing is that IE6 will display a secure (https://... ) site OK
    but nothing else. So it is sending and receiving HTML OK but won't display
    less secure sites! ... weird, eh?

    I am using Wanadoo anytime dial-up so I tried logging in to another ISP but
    got the same result. I have another PC
    connected by LAN to the problem PC and the second PC will display all pages
    OK. Am trying to find a copy of IE6 to try to reinstall but any ideas
    welcome, please.

    Thanks

    Paul

    cpcp, Aug 26, 2005
  4. cpcp

    cpcp Guest

    Er ... I don't know how to say this but despite all of the things I tried,
    nothing worked ...

    ... and then it just started working on its own!!! If I hadn't tried
    another PC with no problems I would have suspected foul play at my ISP's end
    .... but as it is I am mystified.

    Thanks for the idea, HTH ... any idea how to get rid of nearly 1 Gbytes
    worth of unnecessary reinstallation of XP SP2? ... :)

    Paul

    cpcp, Aug 26, 2005