    Hi, I just added the IE6 status bar to the bottom of my IE windows. But when
    I open a new page, the status bar does not appear. Does anyone know how to
    make this change permanent? Thanks!

    Julie P., Jun 16, 2004

  2. Julie P.

    °Mike° Guest

    Close ALL IE windows. Now open a new one and select
    View / Status Bar. Right-click on the toolbar and select
    'Lock the Toolbars'. Close the window whilst holding the
    CTRL key.

    Open Windows Explorer, and select View / Status Bar.
    Right-click on the Toolbar and select 'Lock the Toolbar'.
    Select Tools / Folder Options / View and press 'Apply to all folders'.
    Close the window whilst holding the CTRL key.

    Open your registry editor (Start / Run / regedit), and check
    that the following entries exist:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    +Software
    +Microsoft
    +Internet Explorer
    +Main

    In the right hand window:
    Show_StatusBar - with a value of "yes"
    Show_URLinStatusBar - with a value of "yes".

    °Mike°, Jun 16, 2004

  3. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    Mike, absolutely perfect! I followed your directions, and all went well. I
    would never have guessed how to do this myself. I actually already had the
    toolbars locked, since otherwise they can get rearranged when you run out of
    memory. I wonder why Microsoft makes this whole thing so complex.

    J.

    Julie P., Jun 17, 2004
  4. Julie P.

    °Mike° Guest

    The IE status bar is linked with the Windows Explorer status bar.
    I think it's just another cockup from Microsoft.

    °Mike°, Jun 17, 2004