    have in ie6 is not in mozilla,
    what do u guys use, is mozilla better than ie6?

    milo

    milo, May 4, 2004

  2. milo

    Plato Guest

    Hard to believe, but many webmasters assume that the entire world has
    broadband or they never view their pages fresh outside of their office
    servers.

    My wife does a page for work and she said it loads in a second. Well
    yeah, she's viewing it from the work server. It's friggen 750 K just for
    home. Stupid thing is, she has
    large scanned images on it resized with the "width" "height" tags so you
    have to download 75 K for a postage sized .gif.

    Women... Sheesh, she says it's a problem with our home PCs. As most of
    you know tho, it'
    best if your married to just agree [grin]

    Plato, May 4, 2004

  3. milo

    Tiger Hawk Guest

    I use Mozilla on my main PC and Mzilla Firefox on my personal PC. I like
    them both. I stopped using IE with ver 5.something . I don't know if it
    will view quicker, but if you do switch to Mozilla you should have
    minimal trouble. I did at least.

    Tiger Hawk, May 4, 2004
  4. milo

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    A) Use Mozilla Firefox instead. Mozilla itself (the application suite) is
    really not that great. Firefox rocks though.

    B) Check out plugindoc.mozdev.org for your plugins. There isn't really
    much that IE has that you would want. If you really are daring, there is
    even an ActiveX plugin that you can use to use IE plugins.

    DeMoN LaG, May 4, 2004
  5. milo

    msi Guest

    mozilla, yer best using firefox which is mozilla www only, no email etc. it
    is better in some cases. tabbed browsing and loads web pages fastewr.
    sometimes it does have issues showing pages and they would work fine in IE.

    msi, May 5, 2004
  6. milo

    Plato Guest

    I do like Firefox. I also like:
    http://www.myie2.com/html_en/home.htm

    Plato, May 5, 2004
  7. milo

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    I equate MyIE2 to laying down most of Firefox's features ontop of the IE
    rendering engine. If you are happy with how IE performs for you, and you
    are using a platform that IE is supported on (used to be mac and win, now
    basically just Windows), MyIE2 fills in a lot of IEs missing features.

    DeMoN LaG, May 5, 2004
  8. milo

    Thor Guest

    It has a hell of alot more features and much better usability than Firefox,
    IMHO.

    Thor, May 5, 2004
  9. milo

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    I based what I say off of their webpage. The only things they have listed
    that are not natively done in Firefox is mouse gestures and an "external
    utility bar".

    DeMoN LaG, May 5, 2004
  10. milo

    Thor Guest

    Give it a try sometime It doesn't overwrite or change anything in your IE,
    so it's safe. You'll see just how much more intuitive the interface is
    compared to Firefox. Many features and nice touches that make MyIE2 great
    aren't trumpeted on the webpage. You just have much more control over the
    UI, menus, what info is displayed on the status bar, than you get in
    Firefox. You can taylor it so much more to your liking. Then things like the
    utility bar add some very nice features as well. I've tried Firefox. I even
    still have it installed and fire it up every now and then just to compare.
    Try MyIE2. See what you think.

    Thor, May 5, 2004
  11. milo

    Plato Guest

    grin, you do have a knack for writing stuff that shows up in my
    techletter :)

    Plato, May 5, 2004
  12. milo

    VWWall Guest

    I have both MyIE2 and Firefox. So far, I prefer Firefox, but I haven't
    used MyIE2 much, having come from Netscape up to 4.8. I didn't use IE
    much either, except for Windows updates, so I probably didn't appreciate
    missing the bad things about IE 6! :)

    I also like Thunderbird, which Demon thinks is crap.

    Everyone to his own taste, as the old lady said when she kissed the pig! ;-)

    Virg Wall

    VWWall, May 5, 2004
  13. milo

    Plato Guest

    I have to say I do enjoy having, I think now 4 or 5, browsers installed.

    Plato, May 6, 2004
  14. milo

    slalomguy Guest

    would also like to try another browser, IEs getting a little stale but I am
    scared of spyware,adware invading my pc again.,are the browsers mentioned
    clean?

    slalomguy, May 13, 2004