    switched on so I thought, 'what I need is a router!'

    Any suggestions would be appreciated

    Ian Phillips

    Ian Phillips, Aug 4, 2005

  2. Ian Phillips

    Evan Platt Guest

    Tools, internet options, connections, LAN settings, uncheck use a
    proxy server.

    Evan Platt, Aug 5, 2005

  3. Sure: this isn't chat so you don't need to post the same message again
    if you don't see a response in five minutes.

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 5, 2005
  4. Ian Phillips

    Ian Phillips Guest

    I posted message twice because when I went to read my own posted message it
    said 'this message is no longer available on this server'

    Ian

    Ian Phillips, Aug 5, 2005
  5. You probably looked too soon -- I used a server once that took about 15
    minutes to make a post made directly to it available. That's one
    reason I ditched that feed.

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 5, 2005
  6. Ian Phillips

    Ian Phillips Guest

    Blinky

    To clarify...

    The message appeared (otherwise I would not have been able to read it) but
    when I looked a few minutes later (just to see if anyone had replied) my
    post was greyed and when I clicked it gave the 'no longer available'
    message.

    Evan

    Regarding the inability to access the web, The proxy server box was already
    cleared.

    Ian Phillips

    Ian Phillips, Aug 5, 2005