ie won't connect to internet, yet e-mail client does?

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by 4pjl, May 30, 2007.

  1. 4pjl

    4pjl

    Joined:
    May 30, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Having an issue that is perplexing! Two days ago, my Toshiba wireless laptop was working great with my home network. I powered up the next day, and got the message from my Symantec firewall that said something to the effect of "there has been a change to your settings, you may want to proceed back to original settings. agree?" I accepted the invitation and lost my access to internet via Firefox and IE.

    The weird thing is that Mozilla Thunderbird (e-mail client) still works!

    When I pull up Firefox, I get a blank page. When I try to connect IE, I get an "ie cannot display the webpage... diagnose connection problems..." When I hit diagnose, it comes back with "unable to find problem."

    I've tried connecting with wire and wire-less, no difference. My VPN connection won't work either.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks
    Stumped.

    4pjl, May 30, 2007