    I can bring it back with View==>Status Bar==>Tick!
    but after I close down IE, its gone again when i next open up.

    Any clues??

    Blobby J Blobdom, Oct 13, 2003

  2. Blobby J Blobdom

    trout Guest

    Under Folder Options > View; do you have "Remember each folder's
    view settings" checked?

    trout, Oct 13, 2003

  3. Blobby J Blobdom

    °Mike° Guest

    Open one IE window, and select View / Status Bar.
    Right-click on the toolbar and select 'Lock the Toolbar'.
    Close the window whilst holding the CTRL key.

    Open Windows Explorer, and select View / Status Bar.
    Right-click on the Toolbar and select 'Lock the Toolbar'.
    Select Tools / Folder Options / View and press 'Apply to all folders'.
    Close the window whilst holding the CTRL key.

    Open your registry editor (Start / Run / regedit), and check
    that the following entries exist:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    +Software
    +Microsoft
    +Internet Explorer
    +Main

    In the right hand window:
    Show_StatusBar - with a value of "yes"
    Show_URLinStatusBar - with a value of "yes".

    °Mike°, Oct 13, 2003
  4. Mike,

    Thanks for your help!

    So far so good!!