    anything else or shut it down. I have 2 other OS's on the same computer so
    I doubt it's hardware. Firefox works fine.

    Suggestions? Thanks.

    The Primate, Jul 3, 2005

    Steve Thompson, Jul 3, 2005

  3. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 3, 2005
  4. The Primate

    The Primate Guest

    Unfortunately no. IE worked fine until this morning.

    TP
    XP Pro 64 Bit O/S

    The Primate, Jul 3, 2005
  5. The Primate

    Randy Guest

    That would suggest to me malware, file corruption, or plug-in
    incompatibility. Or a misbehaving firewall... Can you disable the firewall
    and try again? Does a cold-cycle reboot fix things?

    Randy, Jul 4, 2005
  6. So what changed in the last 24-48 hours? Any new software installations?
    Different pattern of web surfing, etc?

    Whats taskmgr show you for CPU on iexplore?

    Joseph Conway [MSFT], Jul 5, 2005
  7. The Primate

    The Primate Guest

    Taskmgr is totally unusable. I can't even shut IE down. What's interesting
    is now I run Firefox. Sometimes I click on something that brings IE up and
    it works fine. Other times bringing it up causes a total computer freeze.

    I am off tomorrow so I'll probably try to spend some time isolating this
    problem.

    AP

    The Primate, Jul 6, 2005
  8. Sounds more like the nVidia firewall to me.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 6, 2005
  9. Possibly a hardware issue as well. Have you removed the Nvidia software on
    the machine and noted any new changes?

    Joseph Conway [MSFT], Jul 7, 2005
  10. The Primate

    The Primate Guest

    I have a A8V Asus MB and ATI 800XL vid card. This system has never seen
    Nvidia.

    Thanks though.

    AP

    The Primate, Jul 8, 2005