  1. How do I turn off the Security Warnings for mixed http & https pages
    in IE 8 ?

    Steve

    Stephen Wolstenholme, Feb 8, 2009

  2. Stephen Wolstenholme

    why? Guest

    www.google.com or looking in the app security settings,

    It's mixed content not pages, and sometimes iframes.

    The warning text has changed in IE8? It's not 'Page contains both secure
    and non-secure items' anymore?
    Don't, you should know the site is a mixed page and not ignore it.

    Complain to the site webmaster about putting all the content in 1 place
    or another.

    If you want to risk it, Security tab, Custom Settings , lower the
    settings for the appropriate zone, display mixed content.
    Me

    why?, Feb 8, 2009

  3. Thanks. That's it. I realise the implications but I only use IE8 to
    fill forms with Google toolbar. There is no risk in the sites I am
    browsing as I'm just running a few tests for a colleague. I don't use
    IE8 normally.

    BTW I totally failed to find the solution with Google - too much
    noise!

    Steve

    Stephen Wolstenholme, Feb 8, 2009
  4. Stephen Wolstenholme

    why? Guest

    Using what I expected the message to be and not the question you asked
    :)

    Web Results 1 - 10 of about 14,800 for

    internet explorer secure and nonsecure items

    .. (0.25 seconds) Search Results

    Windows Disable: This Page Contains Both Secure And Nonsecure
    Items
    6 posts - Last post: 17 Jan 2007
    Regardless of what I set it to, I still see the message "This page
    contains both secure and non-secure items". So what can I do to get IE
    www.wallpaperama.com/forums/windows-disable-this-page-contains-both-secure-and-nonsecure-items-t274.html

    'This Page Contains Both Secure and Non-Secure Items' Error
    Message
    This issue occurs because Internet Explorer determines that the
    .... If you click No, the non-secure items are not displayed on the Web
    page and the Secure ...
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/184960

    "This page shows secure and nonsecure items" error message when
    This page contains both secure and nonsecure items. ... This
    problem occurs because Microsoft Internet Explorer treats pages that use
    the IFrame tag as ...
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842779 - Similar pages -

    PC Hell: How to Remove "This Page Contains Secure and NonSecure
    How to Delete Secure and NonSecure Items Warning Message ... How
    to Remove Content Advisor Password in Internet Explorer ...
    www.pchell.com/support/secureandnonsecurewarning.shtml - 40k -

    Fix: Frequent "This page contains both secure and nonsecure items
    1 May 2007 ... Fix: Frequent "This page contains both secure and
    nonsecure items" prompts (Internet Explorer 4/5/6)
    tutorial,tutorials,walk through, help, ...
    www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=408 - Similar pages -

    Web pages with secure and nonsecure items | Technology | guardian
    4 Oct 2007 ... Web pages with secure and nonsecure items. Adam Bargery
    is getting popups about Web pages from Internet Explorer 7 ...

    www.guardian.co.uk/technology/askjack/2007/oct/04/webpageswithsecureandnons

    Oh well.....
    Me

    why?, Feb 8, 2009
  5. I just tried the actual message text and got four hits. The were all
    questions about an unresolved bug in IE8.

    Steve

    Stephen Wolstenholme, Feb 8, 2009
  6. Seen it, done it, etc. I prefer IE to FF but I don't use either very
    often. IE8 is part of a test.

    Steve

    Stephen Wolstenholme, Feb 9, 2009