    Can you advise me of what files I should keep a copy of ?

    Using Vista premium with SP1 and SP2 - browser is IE 7

    Regards

    me, Oct 14, 2009

  2. Just make teh g00gle yer home page.

    Word.

    Proof of Americas 3rd world status:
    http://www.ramusa.org/
    Cash for *who*?
    http://www.pavlovianobeisance.com/

    §ñühw¤£f, Oct 14, 2009

  3. me

    chuckcar Guest

    Never heard of bookmarks? *those* you can save as a simple html file.

    chuckcar, Oct 14, 2009
  4. me

    me Guest

    Could you explain how this would work ?

    As far I know Google does not keep a list of pages that a browser has been
    too.

    Regards

    me, Oct 15, 2009
  5. me

    me Guest

    The IE browser actually does keep a history list of sites visited (by date)
    and it is this list I wish to keep
    I know about bookmarks and use them - but it is the history list I am
    interested in and asking about.

    Regards [email protected]

    me, Oct 15, 2009
  6. me

    me Guest

    Yes I have but bookmarks is not what I wish to save.

    [email protected]

    me, Oct 15, 2009
  7. me

    chuckcar Guest

    After clearing *my* cookies and temporary internet files, I found that
    c:\windows\Temporary Internet Files contained only one branch of
    directories and one level up from the bottom level of that there were two
    files: index.dat and desktop.ini totalling just over 1MB. backing up
    c:\Temporary Internet Files and copying it back while in safe mode *might*
    do the trick - but only if the same version of IE was used in both cases.

    You would have to clear the temporary files and cookies on the destination
    computer saw well naturally.

    Only do this *after* backing up the desstination c:\Windows\Temporary Internet Files
    elsewhere so you can undo any nastiness this may cause. In safe mode for all of it.

    However you might try searching on microsoft technet to see what *they*
    say about it:

    http://technet.microsoft.com

    You *only* want answers from the database - trust me on this one, the
    others are a complete waste of time. They're mostly blogs and postings by
    bored people.

    chuckcar, Oct 15, 2009
  8. me

    Aardvark Guest

    Huh?

    Aardvark, Oct 15, 2009
  9. Above the wailing & moaning of the trolls,Aardvark was heard to say:
    I'm not even sure it was English.

    William Poaster, Oct 15, 2009
  10. It was Canadian, I'm almost positive! 'Saw well, eh?

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 15, 2009
  11. me

    Aardvark Guest

    It starts off as if it has every intention of being a coherent sentence
    but changes its mind halfway through. Like random words thrown in to make
    up the numbers or something.

    Like the random bollocks spammers put at the bottom of their spam emails
    to beat filters (or whatever they put it there for).

    Aardvark, Oct 15, 2009
  12. §ñühw¤£f, Oct 15, 2009
  13. me

    Mara Guest

    Ship him to Antarctica, c/o The Penguins. I'll pay part of the cost myself.

    Mara, Oct 15, 2009
  14. me

    me Guest

    It is the name(s) of the data file(s) refered to in the first sentance of
    the main paragraph starting "If you need to,,," above of your reply that I
    am after.
    When Bill in Richmond worries about the stress / time / cost to ME of
    maintaning his operating systems then I will worry about the health /
    efficiency of his browser.
    All I want to do is add the IE history file(s) to the list of files I
    backup overnight. To do that I need to know the file name(s) that are used
    to store the sites visited history.

    me, Oct 15, 2009
  15. me

    me Guest

    me, Oct 15, 2009
  16. me

    Mara Guest

    They can use him for fish bait. That's about all he's good for.

    Mara, Oct 16, 2009
  17. me

    chuckcar Guest

    "as well" was intended. Simple typo that made it past screening.

    chuckcar, Oct 16, 2009