IE 6 character encoding persistently wrong

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Maria, Jan 26, 2005.

  1. Maria

    Maria Guest

    Using W98SE, IE6 SP1

    Character encoding goes wrong all the time, choosing wrong character sets,
    losing special characters like é and ä and û etc. plus showing red-x's instead
    of pics.

    Setting to automatic or fixed does not help; encoding will change to wrong
    character set.

    Re-installed and repaired IE6 SP1.

    On my laptop with identical software all goes well.

    Any suggestions how to cure?

    Is there a smart setting somewhere overriding the proper behaviour, causing the
    problem?

    Maria

    Maria, Jan 26, 2005

  2. http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/