Identity R1 extended branching problems? SPOILER ALERT

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Peter Row, Oct 19, 2003.

  1. Peter Row

    Peter Row Guest

    Hi,

    I recently imported Identity on R1 RCE.
    I have a Panasonic DVD S75 R2 player chipped for all regions etc...

    The film played fine no problems.
    I selected Widescreen version --> Extended version when prompted.
    On the back of the case it says : "widescreen presentation features option
    to view the exclusive branched version of film with alternative ending and
    additional scene"

    I presumed that when I selected WS/Extended version that this was what I
    watched.
    I wondered what the original ending was like so I selected WS/Theatrical
    version --> skipped to end, no difference.

    I then played the Fullscreen version --> skipped to end, still no difference
    in the ending.

    !!!!! SPOILER !!!!!!
    The ending shown in each case was of the personality represented by the
    little boy Timmy killing the other personality and the killer finally saying
    "sluts don't get a second chance" and strangling the psychiatrist.

    Does the case lie? Is it my player possibly --> I haven't had it long?

    Regards,
    Pete

    Peter Row, Oct 19, 2003

  2. Peter Row

    Werz Mungle Guest

    This was answered a while back: Here's a link. Spoiler alert to those who
    havene't see the film.

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=

    Werz Mungle, Oct 19, 2003

  3. Peter Row

    HungInSI Guest

    the alternate ending is just and extended version with quick inserts of Malcom
    seen killing the people he really killed and was convicted of, this is edited
    with the regular ending of Timmy killing his alteregos

    HungInSI, Oct 20, 2003