    no printer ports.

    Does anyone have any good products they would like to suggest. Brand /
    Model. Thanks.

    Big_Al, Jan 5, 2010

  2. Jack [MVP-Networking], Jan 6, 2010

  3. Big_Al

    EJ Guest

    I have used a Hewlett-Packard JetDirect 175x USB to Ethernet print server
    with my laser printer for many years. It has a web interface. Works great;
    you won't even know it's there.

    Go to
    http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF05a/18972-18972-236253-34214-64302-28830.html
    for image.

    I also have a Netgear WGPS606 which I use to extend my wireless network. I
    tried to use the USB ports with printers, but it was a major hassle, and
    never worked right. This device does make a great, low-cost WiFi bridge.

    EJ, Jan 6, 2010
  4. Hi
    Yeah, when the printer server and the printer are from the same manufacturer
    and design to work together, they work great.
    Unfortunately it is Not so great when you use a 3rd party stand alone unit.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Jan 6, 2010