    computer. I just bought a new computer with a SATA hard drive.

    Can I pull the IDE/SATA drive and install it in the new computer?

    Cleburne

    Patrick Cleburne, Apr 18, 2005

  2. Make that -- pull the *IDE/ATA* drive....

    Patrick Cleburne, Apr 18, 2005

  3. You /can/ but I wouldn't recommend it (I assume your new system has a PATA
    interface as well as a SATA one) - the SATA can take a performance hit (I'll
    be decried for saying that, but I noticed it when I had a PATA drive in this
    box).

    Miss Perspicacia Tick, Apr 18, 2005
  4. Patrick Cleburne

    www Guest

    If the new computer has an IDE interface, yes
    if not u can either get a converter (ide->sata),
    or a ide add-on card (pci).

    you could also get an external casing that support ide, and hook it up
    thru usb2/firewire

    www, Apr 18, 2005

  5. Thanks for the help...

    Cleburne