    two SATA drives I have connected to the board.

    Please, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

    Kind Regards,

    Dave, Apr 4, 2007

  2. Dave

    Flirt Guest

    Operating system? Fully updated?
    Has DVD drive always done this, or only recently occured?
    With all disks, or pre-recorded, blank, software, video etc?
    Have you updated the Liteon's firmware?
    http://www.liteonit.com/global/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=154
    As you can see, Liteon issued a firmware update for that drive 14th feb 2007
    Firmware updates are accumalative (as opposed to incremental)
    That means you only install the latest version as it includes all
    previous updates. Firmware fixes bugs, and importantly also
    increases compatibility with the ever expanding range of blank
    discs etc.
    So another question: Have you found that the Liteon is fussy
    about the type/brand of blank media it will burn to?
    If so, and coupled with the sluggish reading of drive, then
    it is a firmware update you require, see above link.

    Flirt, Apr 4, 2007

  3. Dave

    Flirt Guest

    PS. Be Sure to read the instructions at bottom of that page on
    how to upgrade firmware....

    Flirt, Apr 4, 2007
  4. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Just updated firmware, problem persists.

    OS is Win XP Pro and is fully updated.
    Drive has always done this with all discs.
    Drive is not fussy and records to all black discs I have tried it
    with.

    Might this be a normal problem when a disc is loaded and the Drive
    accesses it? It is still however very annoying. Especially when
    watching a video file from HD drive at the same time.

    Any other suggestions.

    Many thanks,

    Dave, Apr 4, 2007