    board does not support ata 133, but my new board does

    Thanks

    Dave

    dave, Jun 29, 2003

  2. dave

    Shep© Guest

    You mean ATA 33 or the later 66/100/133 cables.
    The later cables have 80 wires and therefore the wires are thinner
    than the ATA 33 cables as they are packed into the same space.

    HTH :)

    Shep©, Jun 29, 2003

  3. dave

    dave Guest

    mp3s.com/artists/17/sheppard.html

    I dont really know, all I know is that my new board is ata 133 and my hard
    drive is ultra dma ata 133, so I,m just wondering if the cable i got is ata
    133, the wires look pretty thin and there is 80 of em

    dave, Jun 29, 2003
  4. dave

    sqr Guest

    no difference as they are both 80 pin

    sqr, Jun 29, 2003
  5. dave

    dave Guest

    Shep, just been reading yur web page about installing old hard drive on new
    board, can you not just connect and bingo, and any changes will be made
    automatically

    dave, Jun 29, 2003
  6. dave

    Shep© Guest

    Nope.There's some work to do.The new mother board may require mother
    board specific drivers that came on an install disk or can be
    downloaded from the maker's site.This can then leave dead incompatible
    entries in the Device Manager but these can be fixed as on here,
    http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/drivers.html

    Shep©, Jun 29, 2003