    if turns out ot be a duplicate that is why.

    Thanks
    CC

    cc, Apr 4, 2004

  2. cc

    why? Guest

    <snip>

    Please check previous posts, it was only 9 minutes since you last asked.
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?B29136EE7

    and you have had a reply to,

    From: cc <>
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Subject: ICMP Echo
    Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2004 00:23:04 GMT

    Me

    why?, Apr 4, 2004

  3. cc

    why? Guest

    That sounds just plain stupid, if you don't know how can't you live with
    it?

    It's meant to work that way
    http://www.zvon.org/tmRFC/RFC2979/Output/chapter3.html
    however there are plenty of long arguments re closing ports as opposed
    to the stealth a port,

    http://blogzine.net/archives/000073.html
    http://text.broadbandreports.com/forum/remark,3490473~mode=text~days=90~start=200
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/security.html
    (see the bit - Stealth-mode firewalls considered harmful(

    non-compliance to RFC technique.

    It's not terrible it's not even annoying so live with it.

    Scanning methods,
    http://www.auditmypc.com/freescan/readingroom/port_scanning.asp

    Do some reading, plenty of info can be found using www.google.com (I did
    see what you said)
    A DMZ is an untrusted zone. Try reading,
    http://webopedia.com/TERM/D/DMZ.html

    ICMP
    http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc0792.txt?number=792
    http://www.networksorcery.com/enp/protocol/icmp.htm