    not list the drive in MY COMPUTER. However, if I insert anything less then
    10GB, the laptop detects and list the drive in MY COMPUTER. Does that mean
    it will not accept any drive higher then or equal to 10GB?

    tim, Dec 28, 2003

  2. tim

    HamMan Guest

    sounds like either the enclosure or the computer cant get over the 8Gb disk
    limit. Thats quite strange for a supposed USB2 enclosure.

    you have formatted the disk in computer management havent you?

    hamman

    HamMan, Dec 28, 2003

  3. tim

    tim Guest

    I'm 100% certain the laptop is okay, as its running on a 40GB HDD.

    The 10GB and 6GB are both formatted already from another laptop and are
    blank, do I need to format them again on this laptop?

    I've tried looking on IBM site for any support, but I can not seen to find
    this enclosure under their product. I'm just wondering, if this enclosure is
    one of IBM produce?

    tim, Dec 28, 2003
  4. tim

    tim Guest

    Ummm, the 10GB is hitachi and the 6.4GB is IBM....I don't suppose HDD makes
    has anything to do with it has it? Just that the enclosement has IBM trade
    mark on it.....

    tim, Dec 28, 2003