    goes through this cycle again. This is a new battery.

    Thanks

    Blair

    Blair, Nov 21, 2003

  2. Blair

    John Holmes Guest

    Blair came up with this:
    It's normal.

    John Holmes, Nov 21, 2003

  3. Blair

    Jerry G. Guest

    Run the machine on the battery to see if it runs. Maybe the battery is
    charged from new. If not, and the machine shuts down, then it may accept a
    full charge at this point. Leave it on charge for the recommended time
    regardless of the indication. Then test it out. If it fails again, then
    you will have to have a tech verify the new battery, and if there is proper
    charge current from the charger.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    Is anyone out there familiar with IBM Thinkpads?

    I have just fitted a new battery, the orange LED comes on indicating it is
    charging the battery, but turns green after only 1 minute, indicating it is
    fully charged. If I disconnect the mains supply, and then reconnect it, it

    Jerry G., Nov 21, 2003
  4. Blair

    Liz Guest

    I have an A30P system. There is a power Meter icon in the
    taskbar, you can left-click the meter icon, choose Battery info,
    click the Battery Health button to see your battery condition,
    and click the Status detail tab to see the battery detailed info.

    If your battery status indicators is green, your battery has
    enough power. Charging does not start until the power Meter
    shows that less than 95% of the total power remains.

    Blinking green: the battery is being charged, but still has
    enough power to operate. Mine change to orange when
    the power Meter drops below 70%.

    Orange: the battery is being charged, but the battery power
    is still low.

    Blinking orange: the battery needs to be charge.

    HTH.

    Liz, Nov 22, 2003
  5. Blair

    Anonymous Guest

    Hi Blair,

    I have a Pico Consul (badged Clevo 980) laptop, which occassionally
    get confused about its battary state. If I totally discharge the
    battary by leaving the PC on, the battary then charges properly.

    Regards

    nemo

    Anonymous, Nov 22, 2003
  6. Blair

    Blair Guest

    Thanks for all your replies so far. I have managed to fully charge the
    battery, and using the in built software asked for it to be fully discharged
    and recharged. It fully discharges the battery, but fails to start
    recharging.... I'm beginning to wonder if my laptop is faulty or there is
    something wrong with the new battery.

    Any more experiences or suggestions would be most welcome.

    Thanks

    Blair

    Blair, Nov 22, 2003