    it has a built in spell checker that WORKS. <g> But that shouldn't
    affect the IE settings, right?

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, Jun 10, 2005

  2. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 10, 2005

  3. While that may stop the prompting, it doesn't explain the why? LOL

    But thanks anyway Andre. You are one cool dude. :)

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, Jun 10, 2005
  4. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 10, 2005
  5. Hi Dré, what you say makes sens anyway ;)

    Cheers

    Christian Hougardy, Jun 10, 2005
  6. That could very well be. Also, I have OpenOffice as my default HTML
    editor also, as I am testing an open source system that has Windows XP
    x64 as the Operating System. (not really a challenge using Mandriva x64
    LOL)

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, Jun 10, 2005
  7. There you go, so its possible that the issue could be as a result of Open
    Office Writer being the default HTML editor. Internet Explorer loves the
    many available Microsoft based HTML editors which includes NotePade, Word,
    Excel, FrontPage and Publisher. IE must be saying, "the guy has NotePad
    installed on his PC and wants to use something else as his HTML editor, that
    has got to be a mistake".
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 10, 2005
  8. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 10, 2005
  9. Wayne Wastier

    bp Guest

    or just check the little box when the dialog pops up.
    I'm betting Thunderbird has something to do with it. Why don't you
    test it ?

    bp, Jun 13, 2005