    I have them posted on NikonNet, but you need an account to see them... : >[
    I am not very computer savvy, so please excuse this dumb question
    Any ideas

    Straycat, Jan 28, 2004

  2. Straycat

    Malcolm Guest

    Try the group alt.binaries.photos.original. Then, post a link here telling
    us what the Subject is. This assumes that the pictures are ones you have
    taken.

    Alternatively, you could use Webshots or one of the other "free" picture
    posting websites.

    Malcolm

    Malcolm, Jan 28, 2004

  3. Straycat

    Mark Herring Guest

    two good sites---both free at the beginning:

    pbase
    photo.net
    **************************
    Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
    Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".

    Mark Herring, Jan 28, 2004
  4. Straycat

    Paul Bartram Guest

    Or, just sign up with any of the free hosts (Tripod is my favourite) and
    create an HTML page with thumbnails that act as links to the full size
    pictures. Post the page address here and people can go straight to them.

    [Note that most free web hosts will not let you link directly to an image
    file from outside their system - this is because then the visitor will not
    see the advertising banners / popups they ad to pay for the service - so you
    must go through that HTML business. It's quite easy if you have a suitable
    editor on board.]

    Paul

    Paul Bartram, Jan 28, 2004
  5. Straycat

    Donald Gray Guest

    []
    []

    Caution: I have a colleague who had a website lodged with Tripod.
    There were problems with the page he asked me to look into.

    Apart from pop-ups, there was coding in the html that indicated
    iframes were loading (Invisibly, if i remember) and that the page was
    classified as 'Of a sexual nature' There was also another bit of
    javasript that looked odd, so I did a Google Search for that script.
    Up popped a multitude of Tripod sites all with the same script, all
    seem to have the same classification.

    None of those sites were in fact 'of a sexual nature'

    Suggestion: go to a Tripod site, then click on your browser's
    'View/Source' and scroll down... even if you don't understand the
    gobbly-gook of html, you will understand the phrase similar to 'of a
    sexual nature'

    Certainly made me cautious (after being taught to be so...)

    That said, many folk I guess, are pleased with Tripod.

    --
    Donald Gray
    www.odcombe.demon.co.uk

    Donald Gray, Jan 28, 2004