    hemal Guest

    can any body tell me how to get information of mcsd exam
    and papers.

    hemal, Mar 21, 2005

  2. hemal

    Guest Guest

    RTFNG

    Guest, Mar 21, 2005

  3. can any body tell me how to figure out acronyms?

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Mar 21, 2005
  4. hemal

    Guest Guest

    RTFNG (Read The F*ing News Group). This is a variation on the traditional
    RTFM (Read The F*ing Manual).

    Guest, Mar 22, 2005
  5. Cindy Winegarden, Mar 22, 2005
  6. Actually, I got it... was just *attempting* to reply in "hemalese"

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Mar 22, 2005
  7. Leszek Taratuta, Mar 22, 2005
  8. hemal

    Guest Guest

    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, feed him his entire life.

    It seems to me that giving someone a list of links (that have been posted
    literally more than 100 times) is basically tossing them a fish. However,
    encouraging someone to search previous posts for general information is
    teaching them how to fish.

    Guest, Mar 22, 2005
  9. hemal

    JaR Guest

    JaR, Mar 22, 2005
  10. I hereby nominate Leszek for DQotD

    --
    Fris "DQ does NOT stand for Dairy Queen" beeĀ®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    http://www.mcngp.com

    Certaholics

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Mar 22, 2005
  11. OK, OK you're right. I just meant to be more polite to newbies.

    In fact there are lots of resources on the Internet regarding "netiquette".
    Just google "netiquette".
    Here is an example that I've just came accross:

    "LURK BEFORE YOU LEAP. This may be the most important of all. Hang around
    the newsgroup to get a feel for that specific newsgroup and its community.
    To use a popular analogy, it's like going to a foreign country. You wouldn't
    just go there and start talking without first getting to know the customs,
    so don't jump on a newsgroup and make an ass of your self on the first day."
    from www.duke.edu

    Pozdrawiam,
    Leszek

    Leszek Taratuta, Mar 22, 2005
  12. Here are some recommendations including "General Guidelines for mailing
    lists and NetNews":
    http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html

    Excerpt:
    Read both mailing lists and newsgroups for one to two months before you post
    anything. This helps you to get an understanding of the culture of the
    group.

    No to czesc,
    Leszek

    Leszek Taratuta, Mar 22, 2005
  13. Your point is taken. I don't know if you got my DQ reference or not, but
    you're today's Don Quixote. Not that that's a bad thing, but you'll soon
    see the futility of your efforts.
    Anyone who would manage to find that (on their own) would likely not be your
    typical CERT newsgroup n00b.

    I think you'll find that the majority of these n00bs do not even come back
    to check for replies, let alone even think about lurking and/or researching
    on their own. Yet these people aspire to become MCSE/MCSA's - people who
    need to do just that.

    Assuming you've lurked here a couple of months or so before posting, you
    should realize that the regulars in this group and others like it *in
    general* do not flame n00bs just for being n00bs. We pretty much save that
    for the cheating [email protected] and spammers. We might make light of n00bs
    sometimes, but the more clueful ones will generally get some assistance.
    Sometimes from well-intentioned people like you, until they soon realize
    that they're posting the the USENET equivalent of a looney-bin.

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Mar 22, 2005
  14. You are clearly not your typical n00b.

    By all means, stick around and post these kinds of things. People need to
    read it, though I doubt many will.

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Mar 22, 2005