I want my MCNGP

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Network Guru, Feb 24, 2006.

  1. -->I<-- wasn't complaining. I was revelling in having to killing her.

    Righteous Indignation Man, Feb 27, 2006

  2. Network Guru

    LRM Guest

    Actually I thought -->U<-- were singing.

    LRM, Feb 27, 2006

  3. Network Guru

    Neil Guest

    what have you got about the Neil Acronymn Generator?

    Neil, Feb 27, 2006
  4. Network Guru

    Jtyc Guest

    Actually, there are three types of people in this world;
    I don't get. That's only two types. What's the third?

    Jtyc, Feb 27, 2006
  5. Network Guru

    MitchS Guest

    Sorry but you're wrong. Debut album with the "good" roster was "Appetite"
    then "Lies" followed by the two "Illusion" albums. All of which did
    extemely well. It did not fall apart until then (with the exception of
    adding Matt Sorum on drums in '91). 20 million record sales for "Appetite"
    is definately my kind of lucky.

    MitchS, Feb 27, 2006
  6. Network Guru

    MitchS Guest

    "She b!tched so much, it drove me nuts, and I can still hear her
    complain..."
    Thought the song was about a dog until I got a little older and started
    dating:)

    MitchS, Feb 27, 2006
  7. Network Guru

    Bigus Dickus Guest

    It was about a dog, until you got older and started dating...then it was about a
    b!tch.

    Bigus Dickus, Feb 27, 2006
  8. Network Guru

    Bigus Dickus Guest

    Maybe it was just one album, I was thinking two for some reason. regardless, I
    may have been a little off on the date, but you are wrong about Appetite being
    GnRs first Release.. I was working in a Music Store (Music+Plus) in the late
    80's when their previous album was pulled from the shelves, it was just after
    "Appetite" hit it big. I remember this because I played the "Appetite" album on
    the store's system and thought...."Eh, not bad"...then about two weeks later I
    had to pull all the other GnR stuff off the shelves. They wouldn't even let the
    employee's buy them, they all had to go back.

    Anyways, here's a little something I found:
    Guns N'Roses released an EP, Live?!*@ Like A Suicide, on the independent
    Uzi/Suicide label. This brought intense interest from critics and record
    companies and in 1986 the group signed to Geffen Records, who reissued the EP
    the following year. During 1987 they toured extensively, though the group's
    appetite for self-destruction became readily apparent when Fred Coury of
    Cinderella was recruited to replace Adler temporarily, after the latter had
    broken his hand in a brawl. February 1988 also saw the first internal rift when
    Rose was kicked out, then reinstated, within three days. Their debut, Appetite
    For Destruction, produced by Mike Clink, went on to sell 20 million copies
    worldwide and reached number 1 in America a year after its release date.

    Speaking of...."Welcome to the Jungle" just came on the Radio...funny.

    Bigus Dickus, Feb 27, 2006
  9. Network Guru

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Actually, if my memory serves me correctly, he turned us down.
    agreed

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Feb 27, 2006
  10. Network Guru

    FrisbeeĀ® Guest

    Well where were you when the nomination votes were done?

    I might just have to re-nominate him.

    And this time, I won't tell meanoldman.

    FrisbeeĀ®, Feb 27, 2006
  11. Network Guru

    MitchS Guest

    --
    Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.

    My point was it was the first with Slash, Axel, Duff, Izzy, and Adler (who
    was replaced by Sorum). That's what I consider the birth of the "real" GNR.
    Just my $.02. And agreed, Metallica changed metal with "Whiplash" and is
    still pretty durn good IMNSHO. Lars is a god, period.

    MitchS, Feb 28, 2006
  12. Network Guru

    Jtyc Guest

    Lars is an a-hole, period.

    I fixed your post for you.

    No need to thank me.

    Jtyc, Feb 28, 2006
  13. Network Guru

    Bigus Dickus Guest

    In that case, you are correct....Slash did make a difference.

    I met Lars at the Rainbow Cafe in Hollywood...he's a short fusk. Like 5'6"

    Bigus Dickus, Feb 28, 2006
  14. Network Guru

    MitchS Guest

    OK, so he's a god of despair and pestilence, but a god nonetheless.

    MitchS, Feb 28, 2006