    that let's me open the file.

    Thanks,

    Sofie

    sofie.wymeersch, Apr 16, 2007

  2. sofie.wymeersch

    Ingeborg Guest

    wrote:
    This one?
    <http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Finances-Business/Kivio-mp.shtml>

    Ingeborg, Apr 16, 2007

  3. The file is flashwave
    You need Adobe's free flash player,
    http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/

    Rufus Spittle, Apr 16, 2007
  4. sofie.wymeersch

    Mike Easter Guest

    I only know of/ find/ the .flw extension being associated with the
    Incredimail IncredLWizard LetterCreator Workspace and with the Linux KDE
    Kivio Flowchart program.

    That would be the Kivio one. What is the context/ purpose of this CD?
    If it is possible or likely that you have a CD with a Kivio flowchart
    that you need to see, maybe someone could display it and shoot a
    screenshot graphic or print it out.

    If the file is an Incredimail workspace file, you might be able to
    handle it with the free windows Incredimail program
    http://www.incredimail.com/english/downloader_next.asp?status=failed

    I don't know what kind of file you are talking about and it sounds like
    you don't know either.
    I only know of Flash's .flv video files. FLV is not FLW.

    Mike Easter, Apr 16, 2007
  5. sofie.wymeersch

    Robb Guest

    http://filext.com/file-extension/FLW

    "Kivio is a Visio (tm) style of application that allows you to create diagrams
    and charts by using a library of pre-defined "stencils" (or extra stencils you
    can purchase). Kivio is typically pre-loaded on any Linux distribution, but
    only runs on Linux under KDE. This is not a Windows product."

    Incrediblemail makes use of the extention, but it's not Flash according to
    their site.
    Can't you send them an e-mail?

    Robb, Apr 16, 2007
  6. sofie.wymeersch

    Robb Guest

    Did we miss one? -> Linkware Version (2.16).

    I don't know what linkware is, but it's linux too.

    Robb, Apr 16, 2007
  7. sofie.wymeersch

    Whiskers Guest

    According to
    <http://extensions.pndesign.cz/file-extensions-list-beginning-with-f:f:f>
    that is probably a 'Freelance document' - Freelance is the "presentation
    graphics" program which is now part of Lotus SmartSuite
    <http://www-142.ibm.com/software/sw-lotus/products/product2.nsf/wdocs/sshome>.

    There may well be other types of file that use the same suffix.

    It is irresposible and inconsiderate to send someone a file in a
    proprietary format without making sure that they can use it. Is there a
    'reader' included on the CD?

    I don't know of any non-Lotus software that can read Freelance files.
    OpenOffice can't (although someone is probably working on it). You might
    have to buy a copy of SmartSuite.

    Whiskers, Apr 16, 2007
  8. sofie.wymeersch

    Mike Easter Guest

    The Linkware Software of flukenetworks Cable Test Management Software
    which saves its data as .flw file runs on Win2k or XP -- or at least
    that is what the Linkware Stats software requires
    http://www.flukenetworks.com/fnet/en-us/products/LinkWare+Stats/

    Mike Easter, Apr 16, 2007