I thought Mickey Mouse was delivering us this information

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Shane, Jun 26, 2007.

  1. Shane

    Shane Guest

    http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2192761/mandriva-microsoft-patent
    Mandriva refuses Microsoft patent protection

    Linux firm follows Red Hat and Ubuntu
    Robert Jaques, vnunet.com 25 Jun 2007

    Mandriva has followed in footsteps of Red Hat and Ubuntu in refusing to
    become a part of Microsoft's Linux patent protection plan.

    --
    A physicist, a mathematician and a computer scientist discuss what is
    better: a wife or a girlfriend.

    Shane, Jun 26, 2007

  2. Shane

    Mike Dee Guest

    Thanks. Novell (Suse), Xandros and Linspire now fall into my "distros
    never to install ever bin".

    Mike Dee, Jun 26, 2007

  3. Shane

    Mickey Mouse Guest

    Who would have guessed that a few posts looking at Microsoft's foray into
    the Linux market, and possible strategies to enhance their position as the
    dominant software solutions provider, would have sparked such a level of
    interest that threads are posted specifically addressed with me in mind.
    Have I acquired a fanboy fan club?

    Mickey Mouse, Jun 27, 2007
  4. Shane

    peterwn Guest

    No, that would be a too generous interpretation.

    It was merely noted that when your lord and master at Redmond buys off
    some tinpot Linux firm, you trumpet this.

    When however a Linux firm tells Bill and Steve to stick their Chicago
    style protection racket up their arses, there is not a squeak from you.

    That is the issue.

    See also:

    peterwn, Jun 27, 2007