I think things are getting worse, HELP

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Gordon, Jun 23, 2006.

  1. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    Hi
    Ok a few days ago, my DVD players/writers decided to stop working
    after a few hours, I have already placed a post on this, well I was given a
    few things to look at by this group which I have done and nothing seems to
    be wrong, the only thing that looked wrong was when I checked my event log,
    it said that DCOM wasn't doing its thing and when I googled DCOM, it didn't
    seem that important (please tell me if I am wrong) well since last night I
    cannot get onto google, I get a message telling me I may have spyware, so I
    ran XOFT spyware remover, AD-AWARE and SPYBOT, I also did a full system scan
    by all of them, also I have Norton corporate 10 antivirus, Nothing showed
    up. any idea's?

    Windows Xp media centre
    AMD3500 64bit
    1.5 gig mem
    Philips DVD
    Benq DVD
    ATI 9600 graphics
    C-Media sound

    I mainly use the PC for music and films, work (which is music and the odd
    film) I don't play many games (maybe some shoot em up once a year) MSN my
    wife when she's at work, but that's about it. I also want to back up work
    that I have on the PC now but a little worried I take with it whatever it is
    may be on my PC, that's if there is something, its the google message that
    worries me.

    Here's hoping people,

    Gordon

    Gordon, Jun 23, 2006

  2. Gordon

    635635 Guest

    Buy a new players.

    635635, Jun 23, 2006

  3. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    That's what I like to see, a nice sensible answer, any other dicks with a
    similar answer when you find yourself lonely with no friends and you decide
    to end it all, then make sure its a nice high bridge would hate you to
    actually live any longer than you have to.

    Gordon

    Gordon, Jun 23, 2006
  4. Gordon

    fred-bloggs Guest

    Have a look at
    http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm#products
    to see if you can identify what is telling you you have spyware.
    Use HijackThis!.

    fred-bloggs, Jun 23, 2006