I think I will get this and I think I will get that

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=, Mar 15, 2006.

  1. I'm envious. At what price point do you have to turn to your significant
    other and ask if it's OK?

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=, Mar 15, 2006

  2. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    mgellis Guest

    Ours is $50.00. It all depends on your income level. :)

    mgellis, Mar 15, 2006

  3. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    Scott W Guest

    $258.93

    YMMV

    Scott

    Scott W, Mar 15, 2006
  4. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    Roy G Guest

    Ideally, well before she notices.

    Roy G

    Roy G, Mar 16, 2006
  5. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    Kinon O'cann Guest

    "Don't ask, don't tell"

    Kinon O'cann, Mar 16, 2006
  6. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Just before she says 'no' :O)

    Paul Heslop, Mar 16, 2006
  7. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    Skip M Guest

    I'm in the position of having a wife who wants what I want. So, getting
    permission isn't the problem, getting the funds to get two of them (whatever
    "them" may be) is... ;-)

    Skip M, Mar 16, 2006
  8. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    Annika1980 Guest

    "Don't ask, don't tell"

    Always stay with the same brand and use the old camera strap on the new
    camera.
    Then when she asks about the new "L" lens just say, "What? This old
    thing?"

    Annika1980, Mar 16, 2006
  9. IMHO, honesty is best.

    After I got my 1D Mark II, I can no longer ask how much
    something cost, as the only answer I get is:
    "Well, it wasn't anywhere near as much as your camera!"

    ;-)

    Roger

    Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark), Mar 16, 2006
  10. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    Annika1980 Guest

    I'm in the position of having a wife who wants what I want.

    More dick?

    Annika1980, Mar 16, 2006
  11. Do you have a job? Do you earn part of the income? Then there is no reason
    to ask. We both have a certain amount of money we can spend each month and
    neither has to ask permission to buy anything. Large expenditures that
    affect both of us are discussed, like a car, new TV for the family room, but
    hobby items, tools, we just buy as needed.

    Edwin Pawlowski, Mar 16, 2006
  12. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    Stewy Guest

    If you're single you got no worries at all...

    Stewy, Mar 16, 2006
  13. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    Skip M Guest

    If I thought you drank, I'd ask you to quit, or at least moderate.

    Skip M, Mar 16, 2006
  14. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    ½ Confused Guest

    My wife recently passed. If I think of something too
    expensive I have these strange haunting dreams... heh.

    Jeff

    ½ Confused, Mar 16, 2006
  15. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    RobG Guest

    best bet's just to not have a significant other. then, it's all your own.

    RobG

    RobG, Mar 16, 2006
  16. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    dwight Guest

    Actually, an interesting question. Never thought about assigning a dollar
    figure to it.

    Sometimes, I just say, "This is what I'm getting." Sometimes, I give fair
    warning: "I'm going to be picking up one of these in the next few months."

    I suppose that notification is SOP for anything over $100, and my wife
    always has the final say. The fact that she's fair probably accounts for the
    fact that we've been married so long...

    Then there's negotiation. Last summer, we moved to a much larger property
    and she really really really wanted to get a dog. I told her that I really
    really really wanted the Rebel XT.

    The day she brought home the dog, I went out and bought the XT.

    dwight

    dwight, Mar 16, 2006
  17. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    Bill Funk Guest

    Which cost more? :)

    Bill Funk, Mar 16, 2006
  18. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    dwight Guest

    Not fair. The final costs aren't known in either case.

    dwight

    dwight, Mar 17, 2006
  19. Mine is what ever is less than groceries.

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=, Mar 18, 2006