I suppose it is up to us to post some content and scroll down thesabotagers

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by ramon, Jan 1, 2008.

  1. ramon

    ramon Guest

    Hmm, let's see. What is this NG about? Cisco?

    I really don't have much to say about Cisco. But let's talk about
    Larry Page and Sergey Brin, the Google kids.

    Do they read Google groups?

    Hey, Larry and Sergey! Let me just tell you that we, the folks that
    drive the Usenet traffic that you cherish so much are getting more
    than a little sick and tired of those MI-5 Persecution postings.

    Mind you: I am concerned about those poor fellows that have been
    (tortured? prosecuted? castrated?) by MI-5. Gosh, for some reason I am
    worried about their wifes and kids.

    But not for them.

    I frankly feel that they should be branded like cattle.

    And, Larry & Sergey: you are not too high on my list either.

    Let's just hope that 2008 brings better, actual content to Google/and
    Usenet Groups, wunderkinds.

    -Ramon F Herrera

    ps: I wonder whether the NYT is aware of what's going on in Usenet
    under Google's laissez faire guidance...

    ramon, Jan 1, 2008

  2. ramon

    Matt Guest

    In what sense is Google guiding Usenet or failing to guide it as they
    should?

    Matt, Jan 1, 2008

  3. ____/ Matt on Tuesday 01 January 2008 11:36 : \____
    They should at least respond to complaints (they don't). In some NGs, about 90%
    is pure SPAM posted via Google Groups. This renders such groups useless and
    there's no way to filter other than to drop everything which arrives from
    Google's servers.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz
    16:05:02 up 22 days, 4:53, 4 users, load average: 1.46, 1.64, 1.73

    Roy Schestowitz, Jan 1, 2008
  4. ramon

    thad05 Guest

    I was wondering the same thing. Usenet has always been a
    decentralized, somewhat anarchistic system. Abuse has always been
    a side effect of that, but so has uncensored discourse.

    Thad

    thad05, Jan 1, 2008
  5. Hey idiot, are you going to post this in every group? That's almost as
    bad as the MI-5 spammers.

    At least that stuff is obvious garbage, but you're just totally
    confused. You have the relationship between Usenet and Google backwards.

    Barry Margolin, Jan 1, 2008
  6. Anarchism is one thing. Lack of self preservation is another.

    -Ramon

    Ramon F Herrera, Jan 2, 2008

  7. Nope. Only in the NGs I care about, Barry.

    -Ramon

    Ramon F Herrera, Jan 2, 2008
  8. Death of Usenet predicted. MPEG at 11.

    SCNR, FU2P

    Tilman Schmidt, Jan 3, 2008