    Mozilla is easy to use, why gay things up?

    please reply.
    tell me why i should use seamonkey over mozilla

    Pedro Sanchez, Jun 17, 2006

  2. Pedro Sanchez

    Olgierd Guest

    Mozilla Corp. switched to Firefox and Thunderbird, hence original Mozilla
    project was postponed.
    SM is as easy to use as Mozilla. That's the same software!

    Olgierd, Jun 17, 2006

  3. Pedro Sanchez

    gwtc Guest

    Because the Mozilla people have discontinued the Suite application in
    favour of the separate programs like Firefox and Thunderbird.

    However, a few developers, testers, and other users, didn't want the
    Suite program to die, so they came together and came out with
    Seamonkey. It picks up where Moz left off. The reason its called
    Seamonkey is because the Mozilla people wouldn't let this group call
    the program Mozilla. Besides, Seamonkey is the code name for Mozilla,
    so thats where it comes from.

    gwtc, Jun 17, 2006
  4. THANKs for clearing that up. I now know to stick with mozilla 1.7.13
    until it dies.

    Also, I cannot use CCLEANER with seamonkey because it doesn't have all
    the paths corrected. So that is one reason.

    Sun Tzu, “If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by.”
    "Build a fire for a man and he will be warm for a day, but set fire to that man and he will be warm forever!"

    Pedro Sanchez, Jun 18, 2006
  5. Pedro Sanchez

    Jim Scott Guest

    Of course you can - using the custom setting!

    Jim Scott, Jun 18, 2006
  6. Pedro Sanchez

    Larc Guest

    I wish the Mozilla/SeaMonkey crowd would make up their minds. I switched to
    SeaMonkey sometime back since there were no new Mozilla updates. Then when I
    went back to try and update SeaMonkey, it was nowhere to be found. But there
    was a "new" Mozilla (1.7.13). Now with XP updates breaking Mozilla 1.7.13
    parts, I looked for a Mozilla update. But there's no Mozilla and only SeaMonkey
    1.0.4, which is an update from the last SeaMonkey I had.

    I don't like Firefox as much as Mozilla/SeaMonkey, but I may have to switch
    rather than having to bounce back and forth between Mozilla and SeaMonkey. Is
    it too much to ask people to make a decision to stick with one browser and kill
    the other one... permanently?

    Or maybe Sailfish will come up with a Sky Pilot Classic theme version for
    Firefox.

    Larc

    Larc, Sep 8, 2006
  7. Pedro Sanchez

    gwtc Guest

    Moz was supposed to have stopped at 1.7.12, but they came out with
    1.7.13 because of a security fix, but thats the end of it. They
    aren't coming out with any more.

    SM 1.0.5 should be out soon with a major security fix.

    Anyways, Sailfish does have Sky Pilot for FF:
    http://projectit.com/freestuff.html

    --
    Best Singles Ad Ever Written . . . This has to be one of the best
    singles ads ever printed. It is reported to have been listed in The

    SINGLE BLACK FEMALE seeks male companionship, ethnicity unimportant.
    I'm a very good looking girl who LOVES to play. I love long walks in
    the woods, riding in your pickup truck, hunting, camping and fishing
    trips, cozy winter nights lying by the fire. Candlelight dinners will
    have me eating out of your hand. I'll be at the front door when you
    get home from work, wearing only what nature gave me. Call (404)
    xxx-6420 and ask for Daisy, I'll be waiting . . .

    Answer:

    Over 15,000 men found themselves talking to the Atlanta Humane Society
    about an 8-week-old black Labrador retriever.

    gwtc, Sep 8, 2006
  8. Pedro Sanchez

    Larc Guest

    | Moz was supposed to have stopped at 1.7.12, but they came out with
    | 1.7.13 because of a security fix, but thats the end of it. They
    | aren't coming out with any more.
    |
    | SM 1.0.5 should be out soon with a major security fix.
    |
    | Anyways, Sailfish does have Sky Pilot for FF:
    | http://projectit.com/freestuff.html

    Thanks very much for the info. I couldn't find any way to download Sky Pilot
    from there, but knowing it existed helped me find it at another site.

    Larc

    Larc, Sep 8, 2006
  9. Pedro Sanchez

    gwtc Guest

    The site automatically recognizes the browser you're using, so you
    must be using FF at the time. Otherwise Sailfish's main site for
    SkyPilot is http://skypilot.projectit.com/

    gwtc, Sep 9, 2006