I-pod Nano not connecting

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jimbob, Mar 22, 2006.

  1. Jimbob

    Jimbob Guest

    Hi all

    I bought a 4gb Nano today, i installed the software correctly and updated to
    the latest version of i-tunes.

    The problem is when i connect my nano to the pc using the supplied usb
    connector, i-tunes doesn't recognise it as connected, so i can't export any
    music at all.

    The help files sugests that i have a lower speed usb ports than the required
    2.0 format. But my m/b is an Abit KV7 and the specs says it is usb 2.0?

    I've uninstalled the software a couple of times now, but still no luck.

    How the hell do i get it to work?

    TIA

    Using Win XP pro.

    Jimbob, Mar 22, 2006

  2. Jimbob

    Meat Plow Guest

    Maybe something is wrong with it or the USB cable.

    Meat Plow, Mar 22, 2006

  3. Jimbob

    John Holmes Guest

    Jimbob blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    If you uninstalled the software, don't forget to reinstall it again.

    John Holmes, Mar 22, 2006
  4. Jimbob

    Jimbob Guest

    John Holmes crawled off his mum to spurt:
    Words of wisdom.

    Jimbob, Mar 22, 2006
  5. Jimbob

    John Holmes Guest

    Jimbob blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    Speaking words of wisdom, let it be-heeeee..

    John Holmes, Mar 22, 2006
  6. Jimbob

    Aardvark Guest

    My daughter got an iPod for Christmas and we had exactly the same problem. A
    visit to the Apple/iPod knowledge base on their website gave me the answer.

    Unfortunately it was three months ago and I've slept since then and so can't
    remember how I fixed the problem, but it wouldn't do any harm reading their
    help FAQ.

    Aardvark, Mar 23, 2006
  7. Jimbob

    Jimbob Guest

    Argh ;)
    Have been doing alot of that, but still working through it.

    Cheers.

    Jimbob, Mar 23, 2006