    thanks, Scott

    PS: You can join the Group if you'd like as well feel free! It may interest
    you. Thank you for helping.

    Wereo_SUPREME, Jan 7, 2007

  2. Wereo_SUPREME

    Jason Guest

    Try the help files or ask other members.
    Go and advertise elsewhere, which I suspect was the main reason for the
    message. If it wasn't then you wouldn't need the name of the group in the
    message.

    Jason, Jan 7, 2007

  3. That's incorrect sir. I'm not advertising my Group, I'm just showing it to
    everyone so they can see what I'm talking about.

    Btw I have asked the other members but noone replied to my post about that
    technical issue. That's why I'm asking it here.

    Now. Can anyone kindly provide me with the step by step instructions of what
    I originally asked? Many thanks Scott

    Wereo_SUPREME, Jan 7, 2007
  4. Wereo_SUPREME

    why? Guest

    Post a message in the group

    1) becasue it's specific to yahoo groups
    2) you can refer directly to an example, by asking someone that has that
    setting
    3) others in that group must know how to do it
    4) so what if it's embarrassing, all it's doing so far is stopping you
    asking and that doesn't help to get an answer.
    5) as (4) look through your accout / display / posting preferences
    6) not going to say much about the online help / email yahoo support.

    Sounds simply like some display info setting, in account / preferences.

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Jan 7, 2007
  5. Wereo_SUPREME

    jils Guest

    not sure if this will answer your question, but if you log on to your
    group and go to "edit membership", then look at "step 3. message preference"
    see if you have "fully featured" or "traditional" selected there. if you
    have fully featured, then ignore my info. if you have traditional,
    change it to fully featured and see if that gives the result you're
    looking for.

    jils, Jan 7, 2007
  6. Hi jils. I followed your instructions and it already says "fully featured"
    so perhaps it's off to Yahoo Groups I go for help. I hope they understand my
    question and I hope I can find the link to email them.

    So I guess this is still an open question. If anyone has another shot at the
    answer I'm all ears. Scott

    Wereo_SUPREME, Jan 7, 2007
  7. I just posted my question to Yahoo support I DINK! They're no bargain there.
    The help center takes a year to load and then who could find the place to
    ask your question?

    I tried so let's see if I get the proper answer there. I probably will but I
    wish someone here would give me the proper answer instead.

    Wereo_SUPREME, Jan 7, 2007
  8. Wereo_SUPREME

    Mike Easter Guest

    If you are talking about the difference between seeing the Yahoo ID
    only, caljamscott, vs seeing mikestark + Mike Stark above or
    drodriguez3250 + Dave RODRIGUEZ above, those values Mike Stark and Dave
    RODRIGUEZ are found in the 'Real Name' part of the profile.

    Complete the 'Real Name' field in your profile with something that you
    want to show.

    No, I don't care to join to figure out how to edit the profile to give
    you step by step instructions. Look around and read the yahoo
    information which is there.

    You ask for help with newsgroup related things in newsgroups, and you
    ask for help with yahoo group related things in yahoo groups -- probably
    very few people answering questions in here mess with yahoo groups.

    Mike Easter, Jan 7, 2007
  9. Wereo_SUPREME

    Clangnuts Guest

    Send an email to the Yahoo support people. Surprisingly I have always
    found them very helpful with this sort of question. They may take a few
    days to reply - but they haven't let me down yet!

    Clangnuts
    www.clangnuts.com

    Clangnuts, Jan 7, 2007
  10. I'll try that right now. Let's see if I can get anywhere, Btw you were right
    implying the name fields. That's what I'm looking to configure.

    Wereo_SUPREME, Jan 7, 2007
  11. No luck. I can't even find the "Real Name" part of my Profile, and I can't
    even find the place to ask for Yahoo help. I asked the question in peer help
    12 hours ago and no answer to that either. No luck. This is crazy.

    Wereo_SUPREME, Jan 7, 2007

  12. http://www.zen36049.zen.co.uk/blog cartoons from oct/clangnuts bluetooth.gif

    HAHA!! That is funny!

    --
    "As we know,
    There are known knowns.

    Feb. 12, 2002, Department of Defense news briefing - (Donald Rumsfeld)

    -Graham
    (remove the double e's to email)

    I use solid wire, Jan 7, 2007