    is there an easy way to change a file name that has illegal characters in
    it? Mainly "?".

    Marc

    Marc, Sep 24, 2006

  2. Marc

    Pennywise Guest

    Move the file somewhere else if you can, to work on it.

    In a CMD window in that directory, type DIR /X
    this displays your file's short file name - delete the file using that
    name. DEL <short filename>

    If all else fails or you get lazy there's Killbox
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/killbox.php

    Pennywise, Sep 24, 2006

  3. Marc

    Pennywise Guest

    You didn't want to delete it... then RENAME <shortfile name> to
    something simple.ext

    Pennywise, Sep 24, 2006