    and wireless router, plus two PC's on wireless cards, that WILL NOT NETWORK.
    They all connect to the internet OK but the network wizard won't get them to
    "talk" to each other, share files and my two printers. HELP.

    Guest, Nov 6, 2004

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I am having the same problem. Let me know if anyone has the figured out what
    needs to be done. I have read all the documentation and nothing seems to
    work.

    Guest, Nov 6, 2004

  3. Guest

    Jim Guest

    First make sure that you have enables the hard drives to share, and make
    sure that your SSID or network name is the same on all your computers.
    Disable all firewalls and give it a try. I have found that Nortons firewall
    will not allow me to access the other computers, so I temporarily disable it
    access the other computers then re enable it and I am ok until I reboot.
    The Win XP SP2 firewall should always be disabled, it has caused nothing but
    trouble for networks since it came out.

    Jim, Nov 6, 2004
  4. Guest

    Tanya Guest

  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    If you have the devices communicating with each other (ie pinging each
    other's address correctly) and you have set the proper files to share, the
    most likely culprit is a firewall that will not configure to work with the
    net work. Zonelabs, Norton and even the XP often have to be shut down, and as
    soon as you do, the units will "see" each other.

    I have to enable the firewalls when getting on the internet, but disable
    them when I want the computers to share files and printers. The DSL often
    does not like all of them to work together.

    Good luck, it takes a lot of playing sometimes to find the correct
    combinations. I wish that someone would tell me how to get it all to work.
    Greg

    Guest, Nov 7, 2004
  6. Guest

    Jack Guest

    Jack, Nov 8, 2004
  7. Guest

    g Guest

    g, Nov 8, 2004
  8. Guest

    Newsgroups Guest

    All the above as well.
    I get into "my network places" one day and not another for absolutlly no
    apparent reason. So I don't bother anymore.
    So what I do instead is just right click on it and choose 'Search for
    computers', then I type the computer I want, i.e. the name of the computer,
    and it opens that way.
    If you want to access a particular folder often then you can map it which is
    like adding another drive into "My computer". Again right click on 'My
    network places' and also create a shortcut on your desktop for it. That
    doesn't always work. But the Search method never fails.

    Newsgroups, Nov 17, 2004