    Win 98 se.

    Thanks again & respects

    Steve

    Steve Pounder, Nov 29, 2003

  2. Steve Pounder

    °Mike° Guest

    Is English your first language?

    °Mike°, Nov 29, 2003

  3. Steve Pounder

    Harrison Guest

    Control Panel>Networking
    Change Primary logon method

    Harrison, Nov 29, 2003
  4. Steve Pounder

    Ljuteplow Guest

    You can either just hit escape, or uninstall the Microsoft client in your
    TCPIP properties. I don't have a Windows box handy to walk you through it
    step by step but i think it's in Start-Settings-Control Panel- Network
    Properties - Clients.

    Ljuteplow, Nov 29, 2003
  5. Thanks.

    Still with respects to 'Mike' & that other fellow that replied.
    Been reading 'Mike' for nearly 5 years you see.

    Awww, nothing seems to work, right click on dial up connection followed by
    several escape clicks gets me out of it.

    Wife giving me stick.

    If anyone has any easy answer.

    Taa

    (Lancashire meaning thank you)

    Steve Pounder, Nov 29, 2003
  6. Steve Pounder

    °Mike° Guest

    Why don't you explain your problem more precisely.

    °Mike°, Nov 29, 2003
  7. Steve Pounder

    Ljuteplow Guest

    Well what is asking you for you to log in is most likey the Client for
    Microsoft Networks and is going to be found not in your dial up properties
    but in your modem properties. Gives a list of protocols and clients
    installed.

    Ljuteplow, Nov 29, 2003
  8. Steve Pounder

    Ljuteplow Guest

    Why don't you explain your problem more precisely.[/QUOTE]

    Why don't you STFU :)

    Ljuteplow, Nov 29, 2003
  9. Tried my best.

    Steve Pounder, Nov 29, 2003
  10. Steve Pounder

    Greg M Guest

    What do you mean by *on bootup*? Is your desktop showing?

    Look at what is in the startup > Start> Programs> StartUp.

    Is IE there? Is OE there?

    If so, just right mouse drag them to the desktop. Reboot.

    Greg M, Nov 30, 2003
  11. Steve Pounder

    [ Doc Jeff ] Guest

    Internet Explorer
    Tools menu
    Internet Options
    tick "Never Dial a Connection"
    untick "Dial whenever a network connection is not present"

    That should fix the problem for you.

    [ Doc Jeff ], Nov 30, 2003
  12. Steve Pounder

    [ Doc Jeff ] Guest

    Is diplomacy yours?

    [ Doc Jeff ], Nov 30, 2003
  13. Steve Pounder

    Ljuteplow Guest

    Of course not :)

    Ljuteplow, Nov 30, 2003
  14. Mike has always been somewhat acidic.

    Steve Pounder, Nov 30, 2003
  15. Problem sorted-thanks Greg.

    Steve Pounder, Nov 30, 2003
  16. Steve Pounder

    °Mike° Guest

    Only when circumstances fit.

    °Mike°, Nov 30, 2003
  17. Yep.

    Problem sorted .......... thanks.

    Steve Pounder, Nov 30, 2003
  18. Patience is a virtue.
    'Words are like weapons, they wound sometimes'.
    (Cher)

    Steve Pounder, Nov 30, 2003
  19. Steve Pounder

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 19:57:47 GMT, in
    <%Yryb.15743$>
    Steve Pounder scrawled:

    Words are your most precious tool on usenet; your only way
    of communicating your problem. Use them wisely.

    °Mike°, Nov 30, 2003
  20. Steve Pounder

    Greg M Guest

    Very good. :)