    I'm not going to retire based on the revenue on this piece of art alone, I'm
    not naive. I know I will have to take at least 4 or 5 more good art pictures
    like this one to get rich.

    G. Morgan, Mar 18, 2009

  2. G. Morgan

    OldGringo Guest

    Two Cents To The G. Morgan Post:
    Fantastic, I do the same with Pecan Pie. <g>

    OldGringo, Mar 18, 2009

  3. G. Morgan

    doS Guest

    ebay this, i see jesus...

    doS, Mar 18, 2009
  4. G. Morgan

    K W Hart Guest

    I think you made a mistake in the URL. All I saw was a snapshot of a
    partially eaten pie.

    FWIW, "Art" is generally something that is memorable or causes an emotional
    response. Some examples of photographic art might be a group of soldiers
    raising a flag, a fireman holding an injured infant that he carried from a
    bombed federal building, or a jet flying into a scapescraper in NYC on a
    September morning. Evoking a completely different emotional response might
    be a picture of a beautiful woman standing over a sidewalk vent with her
    dress being blown up around her, or a homecoming sailer kissing a woman on
    the street. There are many other examples.

    Just a slight suggestion: very few works of photographic art have a camera's
    date code on them. Also there is something on the left (leaf, shadow?) that
    is distracting. Additionally, the top edge corner where the table falls away
    at an angle is distracting. The closest "art" that I can think of which
    compares to your's would be a Warhol painting (the soup can). If you are
    attempting to play off of that style, the pie should be centered and the
    background flat and even to the edge.

    Try going to the library and looking at some published "art". Glance at it
    and note any feelings or emotions it evokes. Then analyse it and determine
    what it is about the art that causes that feeling.

    K W Hart, Mar 18, 2009
  5. <SNIP>

    Jeeeez, everybodys a critic! ;~)

    J¡m ßéâñ, Mar 18, 2009
  6. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    No, that was it.
    I agree that all those are a form of art. Your examples are mostly
    journalistic types of art. My art makes you think. It's a thinking man's
    art.
    That was a mistake, agreed.
    It's there on purpose. I carried the pie over there specifically for the
    leaves, they subtlety add a nature aspect which the eye is drawn to and makes
    you wonder about those leaves. "What kind of plant might that be?" - is
    something a thinking man would start wondering. There are hundreds of
    questions one might ask like, "I wonder who ate that pie?" and "I wonder if
    that pie was eaten in one sitting?" and of course, "What kind of pie *was*
    that anyway?"
    I find it breaks up the linear geometry and adds a level of spatial depth.
    Again, done purposefully.
    I had one similar to that, but it didn't make the cut. Here is that one:

    http://www.imagebam.com/image/a8b66f30107315

    Maybe you like that one better.
    Yes, I will. Thank you for the feedback.

    G. Morgan, Mar 18, 2009
  7. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    Interesting. As a blossoming artist, I enjoy hearing about the emotions my
    art invokes. :)

    G. Morgan, Mar 19, 2009
  8. G. Morgan

    Clot Guest

    Extremely well done. I wonder if KHW appreciates the dimension that you are
    working in. :)

    Clot, Mar 19, 2009
  9. G. Morgan

    Mike Yetto Guest

    After a couple of years discussing this topic with classmates in
    college, we determined that "Art" is just a man's name.

    Mike "an artist, with papers to prove it" Yetto

    Mike Yetto, Mar 19, 2009
  10. G. Morgan

    chuckcar Guest

    Sorry, no dice. You made the mistakes of 1. Posting it on the web which if
    you could afford a *real* expensive lawyer you might be able to show was
    *not* an intent to release into the PD and 2. You put in on a site which
    doesn't disable the right-click save as in a browser thereby insuring it's
    PD. 3. We have no interest in paying for "artwork" which would make Modern
    artists fall off of their chair in hysterical laughter.

    chuckcar, Mar 19, 2009
  11. G. Morgan

    Leo Lichtman Guest

    : Sorry, no dice. You made the mistakes of 1. Posting it on
    the web which if
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Lighten up, "chuckcar." The guy is pulling our collective legs, and I
    think he is falling off his chair in hysterical laughter.

    Since we're not allowed to post art work here, I tried to e-mail you a cake
    art work, and of course, it bounced--if you want to see it, send me a reply,
    and I'll try again.

    Leo Lichtman, Mar 19, 2009
  12. G. Morgan

    Evan Platt Guest

    Chucktard's e-mail address is not valid- kind of like his brain.

    Evan Platt, Mar 19, 2009
  13. G. Morgan

    Aardvark Guest

    I should think that the circular water damage on the table slightly below
    and to the left of the pie in your work of art might detract
    significantly from its value. If you have access to a local French
    polisher he may be able to remove this blemish.

    Don't try to fix this yourself as you would run the danger of destroying
    ANY value the art may realise.

    FYI,HTH, and HAND

    Aardvark, Mar 19, 2009
  14. Symbolism for a big yummy vagina... but the fork?
    Does that mean you're a wimmin-hater, except
    for wimmins what bake the pies?

    --

    I am Bucky Breeder, (*(^; , and *NO*, that is *NOT* "a snake
    in my pocket;" and, *MAYBE*, I *MIGHT BE* "happy" to see you!

    Get yerself some wimmins in yer pickup without even using
    up any of your federally regulated tranquilizer darts :

    Bucky Breeder, Mar 19, 2009
  15. G. Morgan

    Rick Guest

  16. G. Morgan

    chuckcar Guest

    No interest. Of course I knew. However being mean to a troll is one of the
    few pleasures in this group right now.

    I don't and I suggest you don't use a real email on usenet. Usenet is a
    forum. Email comes from friends. There is very little if any connection
    between the two.

    chuckcar, Mar 19, 2009
  17. G. Morgan

    Evan Platt Guest

    Wow... So all those people who want to sell me a Rolex and a mortgage
    are friends?

    Evan Platt, Mar 19, 2009
  18. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    The fact that chucktard doesn't like/understand my art is a positive signal.

    G. Morgan, Mar 19, 2009
  19. G. Morgan

    Clot Guest

    Did you have to? ;)