    where does it store emails on my computer?
    I could not find the folder with emails.

    thanks for the help.

    parimalpune, Feb 19, 2005

  2. parimalpune

    Ed Mullen Guest

    http://www.holgermetzger.de/pdl.html
    http://users.adelphia.net/~irwingreenwald/About Profiles.html

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Feb 19, 2005

  3. parimalpune

    parimalpune Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > parimalpune wrote:
    >
    >> Yesterday when I opened thunderbird it had lost all the emails.
    >> No account information. I had to set up the infor again. what happened
    >> to the old emails?
    >>
    >> where does it store emails on my computer?
    >> I could not find the folder with emails.
    >>
    >> thanks for the help.

    > http://www.holgermetzger.de/pdl.html
    > http://users.adelphia.net/~irwingreenwald/About Profiles.html

    Thanks.

    Where does it store emails? what is global mail box and local mail mail
    box. Does it store it on my computer? or is it left on the server?

    parimalpune, Feb 20, 2005
  4. parimalpune

    Ed Mullen Guest

    parimalpune wrote:

    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >
    >> parimalpune wrote:
    >>
    >>> Yesterday when I opened thunderbird it had lost all the emails.
    >>> No account information. I had to set up the infor again. what
    >>> happened to the old emails?
    >>>
    >>> where does it store emails on my computer?
    >>> I could not find the folder with emails.
    >>>
    >>> thanks for the help.

    >> http://www.holgermetzger.de/pdl.html
    >> http://users.adelphia.net/~irwingreenwald/About Profiles.html
    >>

    > Thanks.
    >
    > Where does it store emails? what is global mail box and local mail mail
    > box. Does it store it on my computer? or is it left on the server?

    Emails are stored in the profile folder. In Windows (although you
    haven't mentioned your OS) it would be a path like:

    C:\Documents and Settings\[windowsuser]\Application
    Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\r7q3hpvc.default\Mail\[mailaccount]

    The actual message files are those withOUT a file extension, e.g., Inbox
    instead of Inbox.msf. The msf files are index files and can be safely
    deleted. No NOT delete any file you are not certain of.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Feb 21, 2005
  5. parimalpune

    onepostwonder

    Joined:
    May 25, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0

    Just signed in to say that THAT was VERY helpful. Searched all over google but you nailed it good. So thank you.

    onepostwonder, May 25, 2007