    the BIOS see it as only 149GB. I thought that there was a workaround for
    this, but I can't find it. What do I need to do to correct this?

    Thanks in advance.

    Guest, Jan 15, 2006

  2. Guest

    VWWall Guest

    Drive makers define drive size using 1K = 1000. Your computer shows it
    using 1K = 1024. A GB uses the definition of 1K cubed. Hence: 160 =
    149 X 1.024 X 1.024 X 1.024 = ~159.98 In other words they are the same
    capacity, just using different measurements.

    VWWall, Jan 15, 2006

  3. GB isn't a GB. Seriously. Computers count in binary, so measurements of
    large things like hard disks and RAM end up being mulitples of 1024 as a
    kilobyte, not 1000. But HD manufacturers, of course, want to make it look as
    big as they can. So they use 1000 as a kb and multiply from that.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 15, 2006