    jimmy clarke Guest

    can any 1 help me please i have about 380 of the eamils saying the same
    thing in my email inbox

    jimmy clarke, Apr 27, 2004

  2. jimmy clarke

    Trent SC Guest

    can any 1 help me please i have about 380 of the eamils saying the same
    Firstly, consider changing your email address - you're posting it to a
    public newsgroup and they are frequently harvested for spammers and virus
    distributors. Then make sure you disguise your new address properly (I
    recall °Mike° has referenced a url on this recently with good instructions).

    Then set up a message rule to automatically delete from the server any
    message containing the text that you say is in the infected mail. You'll
    find message rules under Tools > Message Rules > Mail.

    And lastly, make sure you have a good anti virus application, and that you
    keep it up to date. I recently worked on a colleague's computer which had
    over 1,000 infected files on. They had Norton installed and assumed it was
    doing the job, despite not having been updated for over a year.

    Trent SC, Apr 27, 2004

  3. jimmy clarke

    °Mike° Guest

    What would that "same thing" be?

    And please turn off the broken AVG signature. It serve NO purpose.

    <snip broken signature>

    °Mike°, Apr 27, 2004
  4. jimmy clarke

    Boomer Guest

    [snip sig]

    ~ Munging ~
    http://www.ecofuture.org/jmnews.html#hide

    If you use Outlook Express go to...
    Tools> Accounts...> News tab> Properties button> General tab.
    Under "User Information" change the "Name", "E-mail address"
    and "Reply address" fields.

    Example:

    Verify that it is Not a valid domain here:
    http://www.canufly.net/~georgegg/dns/

    ~ Spambots ~
    http://www.sendfakemail.com/fakemail/botbait/makebait.asp

    ~ Harvesting ~
    http://www.private.org.il/harvest.html
    http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~gcaselton/spam/harvesting.html

    ~Safe Hex ~
    http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/articles/safehex.html
    http://www.claymania.com/safe-hex.html

    Freeware programs:
    SpamPal for Windows http://www.spampal.org/
    FrontGateMX http://www.presorium.com/index.shtml

    Unpatched IE security holes
    http://pivx.com/larholm/unpatched/

    Protecting Your Privacy & Security
    http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~ehowes/main-nf.htm

    Boomer, Apr 27, 2004
  5. jimmy clarke

    Pat Guest

    You only need help with the English language first!

    Pat, Apr 28, 2004
  6. jimmy clarke

    ICee Guest

    LOL !

    ICee, Apr 28, 2004
  7. jimmy clarke

    ICee Guest

    ROTFL MAO

    ICee, Apr 28, 2004
  8. jimmy clarke

    Plato Guest

    Make sure you're not the one sending them as many trojans do and they
    just may be "returns".

    Plato, Apr 28, 2004
  9. jimmy clarke

    Plato Guest

    April 13th is not really an issue in my opinion. Those .sigs tho are the
    most silly in any case as nobody can certify an email free email. Even
    if its right up to the most recent .def file. As one can only write
    anti-virus for already known bugs.

    Plato, Apr 28, 2004
  10. jimmy clarke

    Plato Guest

    It's chat problem. Funny thing, I get resumes written in the same style.
    L8R [grin]

    Plato, Apr 28, 2004
  11. jimmy clarke

    why? Guest