I just watched Buffy:TVS musical in 2.35

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Waterperson77, Aug 1, 2004.

  1. I just finished watching my old videotape of the originial airing of Buffy:The
    Vampire Slayer musical episode recorded from regular analog tv as aired on the
    UPN network and the picture was definitely in 2.35, not 1.85 like other people
    in this newsgroup claimed. and not 16:9

    You could see the black bars on both the top and bottom of course (the
    letterbox bars) and the picture itself was definitely 2.35

    And yes, I know what both 1.85 and 2.35 look like when viewed on an ordinary
    4:3 tv.

    1.85 is the way the dvd's of the Jurrassic Park movies, "What a Girl Wants,
    "Splash" and "Confessions of a Teenage Drama AQueen" look like. The picture on
    the Buffy musical did not match that.

    2.35 is what movies like "Deep Blue Sea", "Rat Race", and "Lost in Space the
    movie" look like. The picture on the Buffy musical matched those.

    And no, my tv was not misadjusted since every 16:9 tv show still looked 16:9 on
    all channels and all movies aired in 1.85 still looked 1.85 and all movies
    aired in 2.35 still looked 2.35.

    Buffy the musical aired in 2.35 on the original upn broadcast, and I have the
    videotape to prove it.

    I'll probably post a picture on my website sometime in order to prove it to all
    of you doubters out there.

    since I know that almost all of you will doubt it.

    Waterperson77, Aug 1, 2004

  2. Waterperson77

    Rich Clark Guest

    Off your meds again, eh?

    RichC

    Rich Clark, Aug 1, 2004

  3. Waterperson77

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    That would imply that he ever took them in the first place.

    Joshua Zyber, Aug 2, 2004
  4. Waterperson77

    Rich Clark Guest

    You once claimed to have seen a 2.25:1 TV in a store. Nobody will believe
    you no matter what you post.

    I think it's time for you to change your handle again.

    RichC

    Rich Clark, Aug 2, 2004
  5. Waterperson77

    Justin Guest

    or just go away. He's recognisable within two posts.

    Justin, Aug 2, 2004
  6. Waterperson77

    jayembee Guest

    says...
    Oh, pleasepleasepleaseplease...let him put it up on his website. I didn't
    even know he *had* a website. That could be lots of fun.

    Perhaps he can also put up a vidcap of the corner bug that covers the
    entire screen.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Aug 2, 2004

  7. Meds or no meds. It wouldn't make any difference.

    Here's the REAL Waterperson77 story -- in his own words:

    *** *** ***

    Before I was in high school, the guidance counselor at my high school
    was the assistant principal at my junior high school.

    For no good reason, one of the teachers attempted to murder me.

    When I complained about it to the school authorities, which they said I
    had to complain to te assistant principal about it, te assistant
    principal tok the teachers side and defended the attempted murderer and
    wanted me to lie by me saying that that teacher did not attempt to
    murder me.

    Well, I refused to say that since that teacher did attempt to murder me.

    Then the assistant principal tried to bribe me with a candy bar by
    saying he would give me that candy bar if I would say that that teacher
    did not try to murder me.

    Well, I refused the brine since the teacher fdid try to murder me. Since
    this was my life, my very existence that we were talking about, I would
    have been dumb to accept the bribe and let the teacher continue being a
    threat to me.

    However, since I refused the bribe by the assistant principal, he
    suspended mr from school for it. using one of the other school rules as
    cause for suspension such as "disrespectful to teacher".

    That teacher tried to kill me at home.

    Why was I suspended from school?

    because I attempted to truthfully turn that teacher in for what he
    really did, attempting to murder me.

    It was only a LOT later that I found out that the assistant principal at
    the junior high school was in cahoots with that teacher in an attempt to
    murder me at my home without them actually being there by assigning me a
    "homework assignment" that they knew would kill me if I had listened to
    them.

    It would have also, exvcept that my step-dad was able to save me in
    time.

    The "homework assigment" that the teacher gave me was to touch an
    electric stove with a short-circuit in it with wet hands without drying
    my hands after washing them and write down the effects on nottebook
    paper. or that it would be an automatic F for the whole class for me.

    I was stupid enough to listen to the teacher. After all, I didn't want
    to get an F as I needed to pass my junior high school class.

    and when I listened, I got electrocuted, and couldn't move at all. It
    was very very very painful.

    I felt the electricity moving through my entire body. Luckily, I was
    somehow able to scream, which attracted my step-dad and he was able to
    get me away from the stove with a wooden board.

    After that, there was no way I was going to lie and defend an attempted
    murder against me like the assistant principal of my junior high school
    wanted me to do.

    And the attempted murderers got away scott-free with it.

    I wasn't able to take it to court since I was only a minor at the time.

    and then you al wonder why I'm the way I am after those experiences.

    If I hadn't had those experieences, my postings would be more like
    yours.

    But after those experiences, I can't help but have the attitude that I
    now have.

    by the way, NEVER NEVER NEVER ever touch an electric stove with a
    short-circuit in it with wet hands, even if your teachers tell you to or
    even if someone else tells you to.

    You'll end up dead if you do. I was just extremely lucky that my
    step-dad was able to get to me in time and save me in time.

    And besides, it's also VERY VERY VERY PAINFUL.

    and on that matter, NEVER NEVER NEVER ever touch an electric tove with
    wet hands even if it doesn't have a short-circuit in it, either.

    You never know what could happen. You probably could end uop dead by
    doing so.

    and now you all know what happenedto me.

    *** *** ***

    Waterperson77 <>

    Sunday, March 07, 2004

    Re: man sentenced to jail for distributing legal dvd's legally. DVD's
    are ruled illegal.

    One-Shot Scot, Aug 3, 2004

  8. Now, now. Don't be so hasty in your judgment.

    Waterperson77 probably watched the 2.35 Buffy musical on a 5:4 TV:

    *** *** ***
    that may be so, but from what I read, I was under the impression that
    the 5:4 European tv transmissions lasted into the 80's (maybe 90's).

    and was under the impression that all the UK black and white tv shows
    were made in an aspect ratio of 5:4 while the color ones were in an
    aspect ratio of 4:3

    While that may not be so, it was definitely the impression I got from
    the articles that I read.

    *** *** ***

    Waterperson77 <>

    Saturday, July 03, 2004

    Re: geometric mean of 2.35 and 4/3

    One-Shot Scot, Aug 3, 2004
  9. <<I just finished watching my old videotape of the originial airing of
[...]

    Oh yes. I almost forgot about that incredible, imaginary website of
    yours. We're all going to feel pretty foolish when you post screen-shots
    of the 2.35 Buffy musical and all of those full-screen logos on this
    forthcoming website of yours.

    You promised that you would "probably definitely" start work on your
    website by the end of February of this year.

    So put on your tinfoil hat and start pounding out that HTML code!

    Do it now, before you forget again! We've been waiting for 6 months!

    Just in case you forgot what you said, here it is again:

    *** *** ***

    I even gave the station and one of the programs with thos full-screen
    logos on it.

    But when I finish with my website, you'll probably see a picture (or
    maybe some pictures) of the shows with full-screen logos on it.

    because I'm pretty sure I still have at least a couple of episodes that
    I recorded from the tv station onto VHS videotape.

    and some of my other tv stations had logos like either half the screen
    or a quarter of the screen.

    The station I mentioned above definitely used full-screen logos on their
    entertainment programming for at least five minutes at a time several
    times during their four-and-a-half-hour tv program.

    Yes, one of their entertainment prrograms lasted four and a half hours
    per episode each weekday, brand-new episode every single weekday.

    wait until you see my website!!!!

    which I will hopefully be working on sometime this year.

    It will prove everyone in this newsgroup that called me dumb completely
    wrong.

    what's a joke is Richard C asking me for the domain name of my website
    when I don't have one to give him yet.

    I said I will be working on it.

    But I have to get one first before I can tell you or anyone else here
    what it is.

    But I will be getting one.

    And when it's finished, then I'll tell you the domain name of it.
    right. you are absolutely correct. I should go and start working on it
    now, because I keep putting it off and never get any of it done. And the
    sooner I get it done, the better.

    Of course, while I'm working on it, I won't have time to post amything
    at all in this newsgroup.

    or at least not much.

    I'll probably start working on it tomorrow.

    Or maybe the day after tomorrow.

    But I'll probably definitely start working on it sometime this week.

    *** *** ***

    Waterperson77 <>

    Sunday, February 22, 2004

    Re: "Video and DVD"

    One-Shot Scot, Aug 3, 2004
  10. Waterperson77

    Black Locust Guest

    Shut up troll. You don't even know what the name of the Buffy musical
    is, let alone the aspect ratio of it. Why in the blue hell would Joss
    Whedon ever film any episode of Buffy in 2.35:1 when it's never going to
    be displayed in a movie theatre?
    Is this a list of your favorite movies? Your selections don't surprise
    me.

    Black Locust, Aug 3, 2004
  11. Waterperson77

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    The old UK 405 line system was 5:4 ratio from 1936 until 1939 (when
    broadcasts ceased at the outbreak of war), and again from 1946 until
    April, 1950 when they changed to 4:3

    Oldus Fartus, Aug 3, 2004
  12. Waterperson77

    Autodidact Guest

    You are all idiots and nerds for liking Buffy, the single most homosexual
    television program ever created.

    Autodidact, Aug 3, 2004
  13. Waterperson77

    Justin Guest

    Moron, that's Queer as Folk

    Justin, Aug 3, 2004
  14. Waterperson77

    Invid Fan Guest

    I thought it was COPS.

    Invid Fan, Aug 3, 2004
  15. Waterperson77

    Rich Clark Guest

    It's a tie between Law and Order and CSI, two shows that, whatever gender
    they are, obviously prefer to mate with themselves.

    RichC

    Rich Clark, Aug 4, 2004
  16. I thought it was American Idol myself.

    Brian The Demolition Man Little, Aug 4, 2004
  17. Waterperson77

    Bobcancel Guest

    << You are all idiots and nerds for liking Buffy, the single most homosexual
    television program ever created.
    " . . . .not that there's anything wrong with that."

    Bobcancel, Aug 4, 2004
  18. I thought it was Star Trek. And now lets see how many Trekkie geeks reply to
    this

    SpiderManHouston, Aug 5, 2004
  19. Do you have a picture of that 2.35:1 TV as well?
    no, but I definitely have pictures of the Buffy musical airing here in a 2.35
    ratio.
    true, but only because most people don't want to believe the truth of anything
    that I say.
    nobody in this newsgroup has "proven" me a liar.

    They just all "assume" that I'm a liar.

    and as one of my old schoolteachers said,
    when you "assume" something, you make an "ass" out of both "u" and "me".

    Since everyone just assumed that I'm a liar and takes that as fact without any
    proof whatsoever, they are all going to look completely and utterly foolish
    when I post proof on my website and prove them all completely wrong.

    Of course, they'll still attempt to deny that they were wrong, since most
    people don't like to be proven wrong.

    I can't wait to see what kinds of excuses they'll come up with after they're
    proved wrong to make them sound like they weren't wrong.

    Unfortunately, I found out that I have a lot less space total on my website
    than I thought I had.

    They don't alott me as much space as I thought they did.

    which means instead of posting all of my pictures and proof at the same time,
    I'll have to change the pictures and proof every so often in order to show all
    the pictures and proof.

    I'll probably end up changing the pictures and proof weekly.

    so that my wehsite will be different every week.

    and then I'm going to be laughing at all of you doubters out there.

    The only thing I don't have proof of is that 2.35 tv, but that was only one
    thing out of many, which I wasn't able to get the model number of or photograph
    for valid reasons.

    everything else, I have actual proof of.

    Waterperson77, Aug 6, 2004
  20. definitely. That's one that I definitely planned on and still plan on putting
    up on my website.

    along with another one people doubted of an ID containing almost ALL of my
    local tv stations i.d., if not all of them, on the same tv station I.D. when
    ALl of my over-the-air local tv stations all showed the exact same show at the
    exact same time on the exact same date. And this happened more than once.

    My NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox, PBS, PAX, UPN, WB, and HSN tv stations all showing the
    exact same show at the exact same time.

    One of those might not have shown it, but I won't remember exactly until I
    find my tape of it and post it on my website.

    Waterperson77, Aug 6, 2004