    Mr_Bill Guest

    At the C: do I enter the command " format" for xp home edition?
    When I look up F_Disk it says that is for earlier versions of window?

    Mr_Bill, Sep 24, 2004

  2. Mr_Bill

    philo Guest

    to format the drive and install XP
    just set your bios to boot first from cd

    then just bootup with your XP cd...
    you will have the option to format the drive

    philo, Sep 24, 2004

  3. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Fri,
    That's because XP doesn't use fdisk, you dipshit. XP is based on NT
    and fdisk is only used with DOS based OSs like W9X and ME. To setup a
    partition using XP on another drive (and it can't be the C: drive
    because it's in use) you have to go into Control Panel/Performanc and
    Maintenance/Administrative Tools/Computer Management/Disk Management.
    If you want to delete the partition on the C: drive and
    repartition/reformat it, you have to boot from your Windows XP Home
    CD. It will bring up a lovely blue screen where you'll have to
    everything by using the Tab and Arrow keys.

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Sep 24, 2004
  4. Mr_Bill

    Doug Guest

    "That's because XP doesn't use fdisk, you dipshit. XP is based on NT
    Just a FYI, for the dipshit calling others dipshits, you have mouse support
    to use as well 99% of the time so you dont just have to use the tab and
    arrow keys,

    And to the dipshit, some people dont know as they maybe never used a system
    running NT based ?

    Just a thought..

    At any rate, you can use fdisk on a win98 boot disk and format and
    repartion, but as stated before windows xp cd can be booted using the boot
    from cdrom first on your bios, if you repartition and format your drive
    using a 98 boot disk, you will then also have the option to install xp on
    the drive in a Fat32 file system, as well as have the option to goto NTFS
    which NT systems such as NT/2000/XP and 2003 use.

    // Cheers,
    Doug

    Doug, Sep 24, 2004
  5. Mr_Bill

    xmp Guest

    The Win9x fdisk may not work, but many variations do including the linux
    fdisk. I still use fdisk routinely, along with BootItNG.

    michael

    xmp, Sep 24, 2004