    highlight C it is saying that I only have a 2GB drive!! Could someone please
    tell me how to rectafy this problem???

    Thankyou

    Jack B, Oct 10, 2003

  2. Jack B

    philo Guest

    when you originally installed the drive and partitioned it using fdisk
    you neglected to enable large drive support (or you might have used
    a dos /win95a floppy)

    unless you use a 3rd party program such as partition magic
    you will need to run fdisk again and delete everything and start all over

    or else create a logical and extended partition

    philo, Oct 10, 2003

  3. Jack B

    Gary Fisher Guest

    mmmmm
    You are running Win 95??

    Gary Fisher, Oct 10, 2003
  4. Jack B

    Jack B Guest

    No I do have windows ME and the hard drive can installed when i bought it

    Jack B, Oct 10, 2003
  5. Jack B

    Buffalo Guest

    How many drives are listed in Explorer?
    Perhaps your C: drive is just one partition on the whole hard drive.

    Buffalo, Oct 10, 2003
  6. Jack B

    Gary Fisher Guest

    Two things here........

    1.. Is your name Martin?

    2.....................

    Gary Fisher, Oct 10, 2003
  7. Jack B

    Jack B Guest

    no I only have C: in it

    Jack B, Oct 11, 2003
  8. Jack B

    Ron Martell Guest

    Open a DOS Window and enter the following command:

    FDISK /STATUS

    Post the information from it back here.

    I suspect that your hard drive was configured with a 2 gb partition
    only when it was set up, and that you have about 38 gb of unused space
    available on that drive.

    Also open My Computer, right-click on the icon for drive C: and select
    Properties. Does it say "Local Disk FAT" or Local Disk FAT32"?
    Include that information in your response.

    That will tell us exactly what is going with your hard drive and we
    can then give you some advice as to what to do next.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP