    The XP machine is NTFS and the Windows 98 machine is FAT 32.

    Will I be able to copy files from the Win 98 machine over onto the XP
    machine?

    If you think it good?, May 20, 2004

  2. Yes. You'll be able to transfer files back and forth with no problem as
    long as you boot up from the XP drive. But if you boot up from the Win98
    drive you won't get far.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 20, 2004

  3. If you think it good?

    Unk Guest

    Yes.

    Unk, May 20, 2004
  4. If you think it good?

    Peter Guest

    Yes you will, your XP can read both NTFS and FAT32
    Just make sure your jumpers on the drives are set right (master/slave or
    both cable select - if you connect them on the same cable)

    Good luck

    Peter, May 20, 2004
  5. If you think it good?

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Yes. Be sure you have the "Master" and "Slave" jumpers set correctly if you
    add the drive to the same cable as the hard drive in the XP system. And
    check the CMOS setup to be sure the computer will see the hardware.

    Toolman Tim, May 21, 2004