I had to call Thomson Prometric for Microsoft's 2nd Shot

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Tom Penharston, May 22, 2006.

  1. The first time I signed up for a Microsoft certification exam I was
    unsure about theThomson Prometric website. I practiced with the site
    registration several times. I thought I had the 2nd Shot promotion
    code entered, but somehow my code didn't stick. (The web page design
    doesn't confirm if the code is valid).

    So I took the exam without 2nd Shot registration and failed.

    I registered a second time and finally got the promotion code entered
    correctly. I failed again, but this time I had 2nd shot protection
    behind me.

    Unfortunately, I couldn't get the Thomson Prometric web site to award
    me the second shot that I qualified for. The contact page lists
    separate phone numbers for each vendor, so I called the Microsoft
    number.

    The telephone sales rep could see my account. She saw the valid
    promotion code from my second attempt. She didn't say why I didn't get
    the credit on-line, but she scheduled me manually with the 2nd Shot.

    I don't see why it's so complex.

    Tom Penharston, May 22, 2006

  2. Tom Penharston

    Guest Guest

    << While I was at work, Tom Penharston spurted out:
    Possibly for the same reason companies like Symantec give a $20 mail-in rebate
    on a $40 product, instead of just lowering the price of the product to $20.
    They're banking on the fact that they know only a minute percent of the people
    will actually take the time to redeem it. Or in your case, investigate why you
    didn't get it.

    my .02 anyways.

    ;)

    Guest, May 22, 2006

  3. Thanks, BD!!!

    Tom Penharston, May 22, 2006
  4. May 22, 2006

    If you look in the fine print... you must call the phone number directly to
    take advantage of your 2nd shot exam.... you can't schedule it online.

    --
    Joseph Bittman
    Microsoft Certified Solution Developer

    Web Site/Blog: http://CactiDevelopers.ResDev.Net/

    Joseph Bittman MVP MCSD, May 23, 2006
  5. Tom Penharston

    Frisbee® Guest

    Fine print? FINE PRINT?

    That's SO 20th century!

    They shouldn't be allowed to discrimate against those of us with visual
    handicaps!

    Or people like bread-teaser who can't read to begin with!

    IT'S A CONSPIRACY I TELLS YA!

    Frisbee®, May 23, 2006
  6. Tom Penharston

    MitchS Guest

    In one of my marketing classes, it was said that about 5 - 7% of mail ins
    are actually mailed in. I found that pretty interesting.

    MitchS, May 23, 2006
  7. Tom Penharston

    MitchS Guest

    I know of this place you can write for help with illiteracy. I bet that
    would help.
    I prefer to call it economic darwinism.

    MitchS, May 23, 2006
  8. Tom Penharston

    Kline Sphere Guest

    If you look in the fine print... you must call the phone number directly
    lol!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, May 23, 2006
  9. Tom Penharston

    Guest Guest

    << While I was at work, MitchS spurted out:
    I do believe you're right...I vaguely remember my Economics Professor commenting
    on that.

    Guest, May 23, 2006
  10. Tom Penharston

    LRM Guest

    All gawked in amazement when: BD assaulted us with:
    I don't recall any such thing being discussed in my Econ class. It could be
    that I was taking a much needed nap when the discussion took place.

    LRM, May 24, 2006
  11. Tom Penharston

    MitchS Guest

    I never heard it in econ myself, I was introduced to the notion in
    Marketing.

    MitchS, May 24, 2006
  12. Tom Penharston

    Guest Guest

    << While I was at work, MitchS spurted out:
    I didn't say it was a part of Econ, only that the professor mentioned it one day
    in his discussion.

    Guest, May 24, 2006
  13. Tom Penharston

    kpg Guest

    As _unanswered_ once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    All I learned in Econ is that Karl Marx was a genius.

    kpg, May 24, 2006
  14. Tom Penharston

    Guest Guest

    << While I was at work, kpg spurted out:
    Groucho, Harpo, Chico, Gummo, and Zeppo were pretty smart too.

    Guest, May 24, 2006
  15. Tom Penharston

    Frisbee® Guest

    Zeppo went on the invent the wind-proof lighter, too.

    And I think Harpo's daughter went on to become a major talk-show host.

    Frisbee®, May 25, 2006
  16. Tom Penharston

    Guest Guest

    << While I was at work, Frisbee® spurted out:
    While Groucho has spent most of his time in the can, Chico spent most of his
    time with the Man.

    And didn't Gummo sign on a Sidekick? Pokey or something like that.

    Guest, May 25, 2006
  17. I'm baaaaaaack.

    Okay, the reason I had to call Prometric was because... well... they
    don't give you the second shot if you don't call. Thanks for the
    clarification.

    Now, here's a new thing. Microsoft didn't send my MCPID email with
    seven days after I passed the exam. I called Prometric and they
    assured me that my info was available to Microsoft. So, I called
    Microsoft. They had my candidate ID and exam info on file, "Didn't you
    get an email message?"

    Nooooooo!

    Waiting for a message from India.... tick tock, tick tock, tick....

    Is Life of Bryan in the Welcome Kit? Just asking.

    Tom Penharston, Jun 10, 2006
  18. Tom Penharston

    Guest Guest

    << While I was at work, Tom Penharston spurted out:
    That's extra....you'll need to send $49.95 in a SASE to MCNGP.com. Shipping
    will take 4-8 months.

    Thanks

    Guest, Jun 12, 2006