    first, DHCP for Winme + wireless doesn't work, i use dos command(winipcfg)to view the automatic assign ip, it seems not belongs to 192.168.1.x subnetwork.

    second, i try to assign the ip, mask and default gateway manually, but the internet access still denied. I have no idea about this trouble. Anyone help me?

    Thank you for your kindly support.

    Kevin Daddy, Aug 31, 2004

  2. Kevin Daddy

    Kevin Daddy Guest

    Thank you for your kindly help. But I have Local DNS and drive in the
    Buffalo Wireless router, every time I check form WinXP terminal side, DNS
    status shows the local which I have mentioned above, therefore I put the
    same DNS inside Winme. Is it the reason why I got this trouble? I will try
    later.

    Furthermore, if I try to obtain IP, mask, gateway and DNS automatically, it
    always gets very strange IP like 167.x.x.x. Does this means Winme did not
    support automatically obtain network information?

    Thank you.

    command(winipcfg)to view the automatic assign ip, it seems not belongs to
    192.168.1.x subnetwork.the internet access still denied. I have no idea about this trouble. Anyone
    help me?

    Kevin Daddy, Sep 1, 2004

  3. Kevin Daddy

    Kevin Daddy Guest

    I try to use 192.168.11.1 same as gateway to be DNS, but internet access
    still keep silent.I can not even ping out our area local DNS service
    address: 202.96.209.5 and 202.96.209.133. After that I change the access
    style into LAN, everything is fine, IP, mask, Gateway, DNS could be obtain
    automatically.

    Kevin Daddy, Sep 1, 2004